Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so. im on accutane for the second time and of course my skin is dry and red. i use cerave cream/lotion with aloe vera gel which is nice but i need a little more. for 2 weeks i was using argan oil but broke out pretty bad. im not 100% sure if argan caused it. but my skin was clearing before i used it. and i also read that argan oil has high concentrations of oleic acid which is very comedogenic. the oil was sooo nice though. but i broke out EVERYWHERE on my face after 2 weeks of use. usually i just break out on my chin. it clears. then my cheek. and it clears. i usually dont breakout everywhere at one time.

so im looking for something to replace that with and im thinking jojoba oil. i breify tried it on my last course. but stopped because i thought it was clogging pores. but i really don't know if it was... cuz it was only one area on my chin and that could have been from other things.

anyway. i want to try it again. i can't remember exactly what it did for my skin so i have some questions:

-does it help irritation?

-does it fade redness/hyperpigmentation?

-i have desert essence 100% pure jojoba oil from last time but is there a better kind?

-should i try dans?

-does organic make a difference?

-does it cause breakouts? cuz ive heard mixed reviews...

anyone on accutane using this?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

i would probably add a drop or two to my moisturizer. ahh now im kind of scared to use it!

i don't wanna breakout again. :/

The first time I used it I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either. It made my skin feel more oily than normal at first, but then that stopped after using it for a week or 2. I stopped using it about a month ago and started again last week and my face is sooooooo broke out with pimples and cysts. I know it's the jojoba oil that did it because it's the only thing I've changed and it's been 3 days since I stopped using it and my face is clearing...slowly. All you can do is try. It may work fine for you.

I loved eucerin and aquaphor when I was on accutane.

The Eucerin was in a jar and it said it had tapioca in it,the name escapes me. It felt like pudding!It was divine.

Accutane didn't start breaking me out until the 2nd month,but when it rained it poured. I was covered in pus-filled globs.Very disgusting. It is too purging to be able to tell whether a particular product is pore clogging or not. Actually,I wouldn't worry about it too much. Accutane will very forcefully push everything to the surface in a short amount of time...I'd be more concerned with being moisturized.

@omegaisjaded: u have a good point. its possible that the breakouts were just from accutane. but im so paranoid!! maybe i will try argan oil again. idk... did u ever put aquaphor on ur face or just ur lips? and u used the eucerin thats in a jar?

@Sickbubblegum: true. im still nervous though :/ my skin is pretty sensitive

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Being on accutane can make some people paranoid. It lists mental health warnings on the label,lol.

Not trashing the accutane,that stuff is a life saver for a lot of people.

And yes,I've globbed on aquaphor onto any dry patches I had. When it's time for tane to break you out,nothing will stop it and you have to let it do it's thing. It will push blackheads out of your face like silly string. No worries!

@ashleynicole: very true! i read so many reviews. im going to try it again tonight cuz when i woke up my skin looked very nice. no breakouts either. at some point maybe tomorrow ill try argan oil again cuz i might have assumed too early that it caused breakouts.

@omegaisjaded: i think im just paranoid in general :/ haha. but its more like that i hate when i can't tell if IM causing the breakouts or im going through an IB. i hate not knowing. ya i kinda spot treat with aquphor and its been good so far!

so ill try jojoba for another night. then argan the next and see which i like better. and hopefully neither break me out. or argan doesn't this time!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

oh wow! howd u use it? cleanser??

im just gunna put a few a few drops in my moisturzier at night.

i used it and it made my skin nice and smooth. it was sorta oily but it was hydrating.

i tried the argan last night and i feel like the jojoba is better and its a third of the price..

im gunna try jojoba again tonight.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

oh ya ive tried that! cuz accutane makes ur scalp dry.. which is not flattering. hopefully it doesn't break me out. i dont remember it doing so last time i just noticed a few clogged pores and panicked and stopped using it haha.

are u using tea bags??

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

ya im gunna try it again! but im returning the argan. it was 48 bucks and i feel like jojoba does the same thing for a third of the price

oh i tried that! i put the tea on a cotton ball. are u using as ur cleanser? i tried it as a toner but strangely it dried my skin out.. but i was on some topicals so it should help oiliness and such.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

:( i was dissapointed. but thank god sephora has full refunds. so im returning it. plus they are having a 20% off sale so ill use the money to buy other stuff. but i could just pocket the cash.

i used jojoba again last night. 2 drops. and one drop this morning and im really liking it. had one red spot pop up last night but im i doubt its jojoba. i mean its not amazing or anything. but its defiantly a must since im on accutane and im soo dry.

ya i was excited about the green tea as a toner. but it dried me out. before tane i had VERY oily skin. like ridiculously oily. had to blot like every 30 minutes. it was dreadful. but at the same time, it would get dry/really sensitive from the topicals i was on. it was weird. the green tea just dried it out. but it is defiantly worth trying.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

oh i know! i wanna get a new eyeliner :)

oh gotcha. and even if u end up not liking it on ur face u could use it as body moisturizer or lip balm, it works well for that. or on ur hair. when i stopped using it on my face on my last course i used it in my hair

ohh that sounds so nice! i love aloe! u just mix them together?