Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rooo

Can squeezing pimples cause pimples to continuously appear?

Hello,

I´m 24. I have a mild acne on my face since I was 15. Is that acne that looked from a couple of metres is unnoticeable but if you look closer you see the pimples (I always have like 5 o 6 pimples, zits, etc.)

Since I was 20, I started a really really bad chest acne that it seems it will never go away.

I saw a new derm yesterday. He told me that he thinks that even though originally the acne had a cause (that could be any of the causes usually discussed) the constant picking and squeezing and using needles, etc does not allows my acne to improve and has lead to something like a vicious circle that won`t end unless I stop picking and squeezing.

He told me that when I squeeze my pimples I spread fatty acids and other toxins under my skin that then contributes to the formation of new pimples and if I`d stop squeezing he is convinced that my acne would improve a lot.

What do you think about this?

Hello,

I´m 24. I have a mild acne on my face since I was 15. Is that acne that looked from a couple of metres is unnoticeable but if you look closer you see the pimples (I always have like 5 o 6 pimples, zits, etc.)

Since I was 20, I started a really really bad chest acne that it seems it will never go away.

I saw a new derm yesterday. He told me that he thinks that even though originally the acne had a cause (that could be any of the causes usually discussed) the constant picking and squeezing and using needles, etc does not allows my acne to improve and has lead to something like a vicious circle that won`t end unless I stop picking and squeezing.

He told me that when I squeeze my pimples I spread fatty acids and other toxins under my skin that then contributes to the formation of new pimples and if I`d stop squeezing he is convinced that my acne would improve a lot.

What do you think about this?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Hi Ashley, thank you for responding, some doubts I have

1)could you explain me a little more that issue about some pores being damaged and consequently being more prone to infection? How is that a pore can be more prone to infection if we change our skin constantly or are you saying that the inner part of the pore has suffered a lot all these years and is more prone to infection? And why is that?

2)And do you know how far from the squeezed pimple those fatty acids and toxins he talked me about when can "travel" beyond the surface of the skin?

3)And about your 2nd point, what does it means that "...it has to make its own way through the healing stages."

4)I will try this recommendatrion of my derm even if it´s too hard, but what should I do when I have those pimples that from experience you know that if you squeeze them they will be gone in a second? Should I be a fundamentalist of not touching anything or it will be good enough to not pick EVERY single pimple, zit or whatever as I do nowadays?

btw, are there in the boards any topics about this issue? because the searcher of acne.org forums is really rudimentary and it makes it hard to find specific topics

thanks a lot

What about acne that pop on their own? They're gonna pop @ some point..... I'm sure popping them isn't a great idea but they seem to go away faster once they've popped....either by my hand or on their own just from say...taking a shower. I'm not convinced it spreads and causes more.

Yeah, used to have bad acne on my chest and back. I didn't have it until I started picking at a cluster of blackheads I found on my chest, then after that I was a battle until I just stopped picking at them. Now my chest is clear, and my back only has about one or two, when I used to have my whole back full of them. I also noticed that the marks dissapeared faster when I didn't mess with them. I just wish I had what it takes to not pick at my face.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest Timehealsall

i wonder if this applies to rubbing dead skin or flakes off of pimples? Your lucky you didnt get any scars..

thanks Ashley for the info, I always wonder what would had happen if I`d had NEVER mess with my pimples. I`ll do my best to not squeeze them for at least 3 weeks to see what happens. In my face it will be harder but I think that I can achieve that with my chest acne.

And a doubt I have...can the acne bacteria live in our fingers and nails? Because as far as I know the bacteria of acne dies when enters in contact with oxygen. I believe in spreading infection through squeezing but through under the skin.

It doesn`t seems to me that if you squeeze a pimple and the pus and stuff come out then you can spread through your fingers and nails to other parts of the face by touching with those fingers and nails the outside layer of our skin.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape