Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xcreepyx

I need your suggestions.

Hi all. This my first post here and I can't even tell you how jealous I am about how you have too much knowledge about scar treatment and how most of you succeeded. I've been reading your posts for a few weeks since I decided that I should do something about my scars. I had severe acne for many years but I am clean now. I am 30 now btw. But there are a lot of scars on my face. Especially ones on my upper cheeks look worse.

I checked the scar types in the site and I think I got the worst ones which you call boxcar. I'm not sure though. They may be types of Rolling scars or both.

There aren't too many help in my region about acne scars. Here even there are no fractional lasers or so far away from where I live and I really have not enough time to have done it.

When I had a good sleep my scars used to look better in the morning for a few hours or more before using dermaroller.

After some search and reading I ordered a 1.5 M dermaroller online and used it twice in a week with anti-aging cream and emu oil and some more good moisturizer. It has been two days since the last time I rolled. I must admit that dermaroller really worked on a scar on my forehead which was caused by a little accident when I was 15 or more.

But unfortuanately I rolled on scars on my upper cheeks and now they look worse. Is it just me or does dermaroller make these type of scars worse. Anyone experienced same things? I am so desperate right now. I don't know what to do. I wish I did't use that dermaroller. Any recommendations are appriciated.

Edited by xcreepyx

Hi

I think you are probably on the right track with things....have you just started recently??

And if you use cps...the skin renewal process has stages...sometimes scars appear worse for a short time..it means thigs are working.. ALSO remember that when the microswelling fades you will notice scars more.

Rolling takes time...it is something you have to commit to for months and months to see any changes.

Goodnews is, AFTER months, the changes are noticable. I found the best waywas to just do it, and stop searching for results for a while...

Goodluck!!

Adella

Hi all. This my first post here and I can't even tell you how jealous I am about how you have too much knowledge about scar treatment and how most of you succeeded. I've been reading your posts for a few weeks since I decided that I should do something about my scars. I had severe acne for many years but I am clean now. I am 30 now btw. But there are a lot of scars on my face. Especially ones on my upper cheeks look worse.

I checked the scar types in the site and I think I got the worst ones which you call boxcar. I'm not sure though. They may be types of Rolling scars or both.

There aren't too many help in my region about acne scars. Here even there are no fractional lasers or so far away from where I live and I really have not enough time to have done it.

When I had a good sleep my scars used to look better in the morning for a few hours or more before using dermaroller.

After some search and reading I ordered a 1.5 M dermaroller online and used it twice in a week with anti-aging cream and emu oil and some more good moisturizer. It has been two days since the last time I rolled. I must admit that dermaroller really worked on a scar on my forehead which was caused by a little accident when I was 15 or more.

But unfortuanately I rolled on scars on my upper cheeks and now they look worse. Is it just me or does dermaroller make these type of scars worse. Anyone experienced same things? I am so desperate right now. I don't know what to do. I wish I did't use that dermaroller. Any recommendations are appriciated.

Dude, relax. I have never heard of anynoe making his scars worse with derma-rollin. Your scars may look bad atm cuz you rolled just 2 days ago, so it's quite normal, what I mean is that, you're red and swollen, that's why your skin looks a mess. IMHO you should've done some research before prickling your face with neeles - it's your face afterall!! You don't roll 2 times a week, one should roll only once in 6 weeks - that's the time it takes for collagen to form under the skin.

Take care

B

guys you gave me some hope really. thank you so much. you won't believe how much I appreciate your comments. I hope it just looks worse for a short time as you said.

I read that dermaroller doesn't work on boxcar scars.

btw what is "cps"?

may i please be in touch with you on this topic and tell you what goes on.

thank you.

Edited by xcreepyx

I've never heard of dermarolling making scars worse :think: and I've been on this board for awhile now. You're not supposed to use a 1.5mm twice in a week though! You're supposed to space out each roll at LEAST 4 weeks a part. I think this is where you may have went wrong. I do think they'll get better, you just have to give it time and be patient. Keep me updated on what happens please. Good luck!!

I've never heard of dermarolling making scars worse :think: and I've been on this board for awhile now. You're not supposed to use a 1.5mm twice in a week though! You're supposed to space out each roll at LEAST 4 weeks a part. I think this is where you may have went wrong. I do think they'll get better, you just have to give it time and be patient. Keep me updated on what happens please. Good luck!!

yeah sapphire is right, shes been here for ages now...shes an old woman! ROFL.

seriously, yeah with dermarolling you do need to give it time before seeing results. more often than not, people have been rolling for months and the improvements have been so gradual, that they havent noticed them. i remember a guy in the past thought he had no results, uploaded a pic and we could all see he did have some improvement.

as for the scars getting worse - thats sometimes the case if you needle aggressively. its a lot like tca cross in that respect, where the scars can look a little worse (once the swelling dies down), before it looks better. the only problems people have had with dermarolling is a horrible skin texture by the end of it, especially if you needle "good skin". i suppose though that is the price to pay for more level scars.

Gimme, isnt rolling supposed to vastly IMPROVE skin texture??

it should - thats why people do it. i just go by what i read on here. ive never used it over a long period time (because at that time my scars were too narrow for it to be effective).

i guess the question is, is the rugged texture that some people claim to occur common, or are they just the odd ones out. sometimes it pays not to listen to everyone on here, because we would never try anything. however, if it does represent a real concern though, maybe its something the people need to consider.

that's something i take into consideration. A lot of the avid posters here are those who are obviously self concious and take extra notice of their skin (which is good and bad). And also, theyre sufferers with negative stories about treatments.

Horrible skin texture after rolling is a myth. These needles are so thin they can't give you permanent demage.

The skin between my scars has a great texture, when I roll it gets red and it might flake a little, but after max 2 weeks it gets back to normal.

Unless you roll your face like some kind of horror maniak with crazy pressure I don't think its possible giving you a horrible skin texture.

thanks for the comments guys. I haven't rolled like some kind of horror maniac. I hope everything goes ok in a few weeks. I'l be here reading all your posts sure.

I can't thank you all enough.

I'm not gonna lie, i've been rolling since may and im telling you now, your scars can look worse for months.

The process is very very slow and most of the time you will feel dissapointed because you're not seeing improvements.

You're gonna have days when you wake up and your scars seem better, don't get too excited because this can be swelling or just a illusion.

It takes a while before you start seeing results, and the results will be minor. This is no miracle treatment.

Be prepared to give it at least a year, in a year you will get some good results. If you're not prepared to give it that long, don't drive yourself crazy and find another treatment.

If you have deep scars I suggest you look into needling them indivudualy, this is about 50% more effective for my deeper scars.

Also look into copper peptides, they can help you in your process.

Look after your diet (lot's of water and vitamines) and excersise alot this speeds up things too.

Good luck

Oh and give your skin time to heal.

If you roll every week or more often with a 1.5 roller you're not giving your skin time to recover.

Try rolling once in 1.5 months. You can buy a 0.5 mm roller and use that one once a week for product penetration, light rolls just to let the vitamin c, copper peptides or whatever you're using do their job better. This will not interfere the skin healing and collagen build-up.

well i don't think there is too much difference between a 1.5 m roller and shorter ones because i was unable to push all the length of 1.5 m into the skin. should i?

Yeah you should push the needles all in. Do you use EMLA?

You need to get the needles 1.5 mm into the skin to create micro wounds on a deep level that will trigger collagen production. If you're not penetrating at 1.5 mm depth you're just scratching the surface, this may help breaking down some scar tissue but no new collagen will form to push up/fill in the pits.

Try Youtube for some rolling tutorials.

Yeah you should push the needles all in. Do you use EMLA?

You need to get the needles 1.5 mm into the skin to create micro wounds on a deep level that will trigger collagen production. If you're not penetrating at 1.5 mm depth you're just scratching the surface, this may help breaking down some scar tissue but no new collagen will form to push up/fill in the pits.

Try Youtube for some rolling tutorials.

no i don't use EMLA or any others. I just softened it with a good moisturizer for a while then rolled and applied my anti-aging cream just after. so i should roll after a few weeks and go as deep as possible. but i'm not really sure i will go for it again. as you say it takes a year at least and it's a very long time and it doesn't make a cosiderable change. i think i won't do it again.

well i don't think there is too much difference between a 1.5 m roller and shorter ones because i was unable to push all the length of 1.5 m into the skin. should i?

If you're finding it hard to penetrate all the way, try a derma stamp instead. That's what i'm going to use for my next treatment.

If you're finding it hard to penetrate all the way, try a derma stamp instead. That's what i'm going to use for my next treatment.

Where do you buy these dermastamps I keep hearing about? Thanks in advance!

Sapphire I think it's not produced or not sold yet but I don't think there's much difference between a rolling one and a stamp type. Maybe while you are rolling, the needles don't get out straightly and it hurts more and creates wider poles unlike a stamp style microneedle.

You know what. I've been thinking all day about this and I even asked my gf. She just says forget about them, i like your scars. But I know they are not good.

I decided that I will never ever give up.

I'll give a break to work, go see a doctor and done every possible thing in a few weeks. Whatever it takes.

Edited by xcreepyx

Where do you buy these dermastamps I keep hearing about? Thanks in advance!

I've ordered a 1mm disposable Nova Clinic Derma Stamp, and a 1.5mm Eviala derma stamp to target deeper scars. You can get either of them from eBay or their official sites. I haven't used them yet though so I couldn't comment on their effectiveness. But logically it should be just as effective, if not more effective than a dermaroller since you get more penetration. Easier to use aswell.

Needle stamps and rollers have been available for a long time even before those big "inventors invented them". They just weren't mass produced, you just had to ask a tattoo needle company to make one or a few for you, they weren't very cheap, but still relatively affordable. I remember a time before rollers were widely available someone on ebay sold do-it-yourself kits so you could make your own.

If you want a stamp you can buy from www.jglobalsales.com

The have the same as Nova Clinic and Eviala only less expensive.

I'm pissed at Nova Clinic 'cause of their stupid fake before/after pics and they try to make think a roller or stamp will solve any problem.

xcreepyx, could a dermaroller really create wider pores? That is definitely not what I'm looking for :(. I was hoping it'd improve my enlarged pores (make them smaller) and sucky skin texture, not make it worse.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Liquid_Ocelot, or anyone really, how do you know what spots to use a 1mm on and what to use a 1.5mm+ on? How can you tell exactly how deep your scars are? I don't think mine are very deep.. I'm confused on these different sizes and which one to get.

Thanks!

Edit: Could using a mm too deep for your scars make them worse or create new scars?

Edited by Sapphire Lily