Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellur

SEVERE Back acne.. Any hope?? PICTURES!!!

Sooo iv had this sinse i was 13 and am 19... never been to a doctor but its starting to clear up good.. i am extremly self conscious about it and havent even been swimming for 3 years just because its gotten so bad. i hate it. people ask me to go to a party and i check on google maps to see if theres a spa or pool in the backyard and if there is i think of a way to get out of it... if i go to a party and there turns out to be one i just have to get shitfaced so i can say im too plasterd to get in. but i really just want to know if theres any hope for me as far as the scars go honestly. from people who hav had it severe i wana know what the outcome was. does it typically stop at a certain age when its this severe?? do the scars fade? will my back ever look normal to the point that if i told ppl of this they wouldnt beleive me? also on the one of my neck youll see white spots that are on my upper arms chest n back.. ne1 no wut these are and how to get rid of em?

Edited by Hellur

stp68019.jpg

stp68009.jpg

stp68005.jpg

Sorry i suck at this so just copy and paste between the brackets..

Edited by Hellur

stp68019.jpg

stp68009.jpg

stp68005.jpg

Sorry i suck at this so just copy and paste between the brackets..

heya, my back was not as inflamed but it was an extensive as yours and I managed to 99% totally clear mine up. Seriously check out my log http://www.acne.org/messageboard/azelaic-a...-p-t270907.html

I used azelaic acid. Its like BP but without the bleaching/sun sensitivity and with much less irritation.

have a look.

It took 4/5 months to clear up. Its worked on my face and neck and chest and arms too

post-101684-1289249687_thumb.jpg

post-101684-1289249749_thumb.jpg

I have added the "before" pic for your comparison.

I cry when I think about how much things have changed. good luck!!

Edited by crystal_willow

Sooo iv had this sinse i was 13 and am 19... never been to a doctor but its starting to clear up good.. i am extremly self conscious about it and havent even been swimming for 3 years just because its gotten so bad. i hate it. people ask me to go to a party and i check on google maps to see if theres a spa or pool in the backyard and if there is i think of a way to get out of it... if i go to a party and there turns out to be one i just have to get shitfaced so i can say im too plasterd to get in. but i really just want to know if theres any hope for me as far as the scars go honestly. from people who hav had it severe i wana know what the outcome was. does it typically stop at a certain age when its this severe?? do the scars fade? will my back ever look normal to the point that if i told ppl of this they wouldnt beleive me? also on the one of my neck youll see white spots that are on my upper arms chest n back.. ne1 no wut these are and how to get rid of em?

Your back looks like mine on a bad day inflammation wise, do you also have it on your chest? I've found that my back is not as easily scarred as the thinner skin on my chest upper arms which can leave the ice pick scarring that also frequently occur on the face.

You should attempt to treat it with something.

I've been trying the regimen for 2 weeks now applying the bp twice a day and i've already noticed a reduction in redness and inflammation. If i break out the pimple is often tiny in comparison to what i had before.

So treatment is always better then doing nothing which i did before.

Many people however...have had very good experience with Accutane which is probably the best option, since the regimen even while being relatively cheap is still very expensive when treating such large areas. You need a lot more of it.

Scars btw..if you have them can fade somewhat but generally they are with you forever unless you have expensive scar treatments done.The best scar treatment is obviously preventing the acne that causes the scarring in the first place.

Topical treatment is also not a cure the way Accutane can cure people by shrinking the sebum glands. It's the drug of last resort as it can cause serious side effects.But for a lot of people it's effective.

No idea what white spots you mean..also not what they are exactly..I don't see anything unusual in what one normally sees with acne lesions. Possible the larger ones on your neck will become hard deep white cysts that won't go away on their own.And become what i call "inactive". Only way i've been able to get rid of them is to "reactivate" them by pricking them with a needle and applying tea tree oil to them.

Good luck with the fight , and hope I helped you out.

Edited by Rohland

I forgot to add that since yours started at 13 and you are 19 now it MIGHT still clear up. As your body is still growing and changing my face practically cleared up when i reached my 21st year.

But that is also when my body acne started to explode. Hopefully your acne will still clear and not persist. But thats no excuse to not treat it. Because of the scarring acne can cause.