Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i have just started an epiduo regimen.

I haven't used a retinoid in a while, and even when i used to i would have a problem with this...Are you really supposed to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face? I can never ever rub a pea sized amount around my face. I use about a nickel to quarter sized amount, enough to make sure i cover every inch of my face. Do you guys think that is okay or should i really try to stick to a "pea sized" amount? :doubt: ...confused!

Peaaaaa sized.

It can be a large pea. Using more than that is :

1. a waste of product

2. can aggravate and damage your face (leading to crazy breakouts)

3. won't give you the results you want

4. it takes a little practice to use pea sized, just try it again

Using more is not better in this case. It's not like BP in that way.

I use Differin (basically Epiduo without BP) about one third of the length of my forefinger. I rub it to my hands and then dab it on my face. This way the amount is enough to cover my entire face.

ya id use a pea size, like bek said, a large pea size. when i first started using topicals 4 years ago, i messed up completely and would use WAY more than i was supposed to and would apply it multiple times a day. and it made my skin worse of course. for topicals u really dont need a lot of product. its a matter of time more than anything for them to work

I was at the doctor this week. He said use a pea size amount for each section of your face. So a pea size for your forehead, a pea size for one cheek, a pea size for the other. So it seems like your doing it right. You just want to try and use as little as you can.

I havn't started using mine yet because im scared of the initial breakout, The benzoyl peroxide is already giving me breakouts so im gonna hold off a little bit.