Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else feel like their acne/acne scarring bothers other people more than it actually bothers you? I mean I never really thought much of my acne, which I have under control now, only small pimple once in a while, or my scarring until the past year or so!

I feel like the more I hear people mention it the more it bothers me. It's like I totally forget about it Then someone I wall by points it out and bam, I become so insecure about it!!

Why even bring it up is what I don't understand, just let people be!! I don't say oh look how ugly he/she is or that bad hair cut, etc. I never even worry about other people hLf the time. I'm to busy having my own fun!

Does anyone else experience this?

Do you mean seeing other people discuss acne, but not in reference to you? Because for me I become like the acne sufferer's advocate when that happens, getting all preachy and defensive... people have learned not to bring it up around me even in reference to other people. :lol:

Not necessarily. I mean people point out the fact that I have it! Like strangers! I always hear someone comment on it....and it's not bad at all.

It's freaking weird! :think:

yeah i agree.

for me personally, it bothers me that people keep bringing my acne up.. like today in class some guy was talking to his friend RIGHT beside me about how the texture of my skin is effed and disgusting, etc ( i can't deny it lol:S it isss.) but yeah before that i was like ok thank god nobody is looking at me or talking about my skin and out of the blue i heard that shit.

in my opinion, people don't have big enough problems in their lives and thats why they waste their time bringing others down and feeling the need to comment on everything .people seriously don't deserve to be happy if they find enjoyment in hurting others.

and every day it is such a struggle to go out there and face new people with their responses..

like..WHO THE HELL GIVES A SHIT ? if i saw a deformed looking carrot shape headed person, i would look at them for maybe half a second, & thank god for my situation because it could always be worse, and move the hell on with my own problems..

and another example.. i was sitting on the bus today just talking to someone across from me , and right beside me was this little squirt who was probably 15.. and he was OGLING at me and i heard him telling his friend. damn that girl needs accutane.

i was like how the eff does he even know what that is? and i felt like telling him.. ATLEAST i know i've hit puberty, i can't say the same for you though.. but i was like screw it.. people will never learn.

I know people see my scarring. Luckily I haven't gotten any negative comments from people about it. My mom(who is the only person I will talk to about my acne/scarring) says that im harder on myself and that it seems worse to me than it does to others. The thing is, I see what my face looks like so I know what others see. So I think it probably bothers us more than it does for others, but you will probably get the occasional a*shole who have to give you their 2 cents about your face

Agreed.

Why must people bring those things up?

I mean, it's like they treat it like we haven't even seen ourselves. It may be instinctual to first notice those "things" when you see someone up close, but really? Shouting out, "What happened to your nose?!" out loud doesn't help the situation.

People are just rude. Plain and simple. Even if their excuse is, "Oh, sorry. I didn't even think about it, it just came out.", then that just proves how they're INSTINCTUALLY rude. Not any better.

I can absoloutely relate to this topic. I was at a friends house party on Saturday night & I had literally just arrived, knocked on the door, feeling okayish and not too self conscious when my friend answers the door. We smile and hug then she pulls me into the adjacent bedroom and says "wow your scars look better tonight than they did last week"?! I felt like I had been ambushed. My reply was a mumbled "Sorry?" and she goes on "yeah last week I really noticed the indents in your skin." again I am totally bemused "you mean your saying my indents have miraculously improved within a week?" And then we step out into the hall "oh no wait it must have been the light..."

She walks off and i go to the bathroom to cry. It was just so....unexpected.

I hadnt even had a chance to say hello to anyone.

I can absoloutely relate to this topic. I was at a friends house party on Saturday night & I had literally just arrived, knocked on the door, feeling okayish and not too self conscious when my friend answers the door. We smile and hug then she pulls me into the adjacent bedroom and says "wow your scars look better tonight than they did last week"?! I felt like I had been ambushed. My reply was a mumbled "Sorry?" and she goes on "yeah last week I really noticed the indents in your skin." again I am totally bemused "you mean your saying my indents have miraculously improved within a week?" And then we step out into the hall "oh no wait it must have been the light..."

what the fuck, this shit never happens to me. Maybe because I have no friends.

what the fuck, this shit never happens to me. Maybe because I have no friends.

I just thought frida.k's post was sad, but then I read your kind of cynical comment, which actually was pretty funny, and in some way it was even more sad. Anywho, cheer up you two.

Oh and big fu to every heartless moron out there (had to write something on-topic).

That is SOOOO mean!!!! What kind of friend says that!! I am so sorry to hear it. Maybe you are better off without such an insensitive and judgmental friend?

People who haven't experienced acne will never get it. It's hard enough trying to find the strength to go out socially and fight the horrible anxiety. You don't need to put up with people who make you feel worse. I think it's great that you went to the party in the first place - it takes a lot of courage. Don't let such stupid and ignorant people get you down. Surround yourself with more people who genuinely care about you. Stuff the other idiots out there - they are not worth it.

I agree that's mean...

My quess is that u maybe cuter or have something she's jealous of. She may have did it to try and make u feel bad! I have a friend that I'm was better looking than and she does things like that only not about my acne. Well she did once and I cursed her out and that was the end of it!