Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ssshhh

BEST lip balm/lip conditioner for dry/chapped/flaky lips

most of us are experiencing really bad dry lips due to an accutane side effect, add the upcoming winter season right now. do u have any suggestions or recommendations for dry /chapped/flaky lips?

chapstick didn't work for me. i currently use carmex and c.o. bigelow (the green one, from bath and body works).

if you did any combo or a do-it-yourself lip balm kinda thing, pls share!! :) or any brand that worked best for you! thank you!

CortiBalm. Get it from Amazon.com You will be soooooooooo happy you did! Aquaphor couldn't touch the chapping I had, but this stuff cleared it up in literally one day. :)

I made a post about this a long time ago, too. Even though I'm not on accutane, my skin is pretty sensitive in that it easily dries out. I still haven't found anything that makes me completely happy!

Things like aquaphor, vaseline and carmex only SIT on my lips. I still wear it to protect my lips since I live in a pretty windy city but as far as moisturizing goes - no luck :(. The only thing that helps is putting a moisturizing balm on a looot but as soon as I stop, my lips become dry again.

Do you drink a lot of water? I think that might be my issue actually haha - gl

Carmex is not good for your lips.

Any mint or citrus ingredient is not good.

I've been using the Lip Smacker's Natural Honeydew Melon and really like it. It's cheaper than other natural lip balms.

Edited by Sharpy

Best thing that worked for me when I was on accutane was aquaphor.

I would recommend right after washing your face/shower, put jojoba oil on your lips and then on top of that put vaseline or aquaphor. Im not on accutane anymore, but my lips have been forever changed from it... so now I just use vaseline. Putting on a bunch at night before bed especially helps. Good luck!

i really like palmer's cocoa butter stick. it's huge, tho, so you get a lot for your $, but it's kind of funny applying it.

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

Usually when I moistuize with my jojoba, I swipe some over my lips, too. It feels niiiiice. ;)

I recently discovered aquaphor for my lips -- it works great! I'm not on accutane, but I hear it's a staple product for those that are.

Definitely worth a try, since they come in those small portable tubes too :D

Edited by fourfivesix

Zim's Crack Creme lip formula in the tube. i loveee it. it smells kinda weird but you get used to it lol