Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brinkwalker

Inkjet Skin Printing

After having read several online articles, this treatment modality shows more than just a little promise. The work being done at the Wake Forest Regenerative Medicine Center is astounding. They have cut wound healing time in mice from 5 weeks down to 2. Amazing. Testing on pig skin (more similar to ours) is ongoing. With the potential applicability of this technology to acne scarring, why is there not a deluge of inquiries and enthusiasm about it? Seems to me, we might be looking at a defacto end to our acne-scarring misery in the relatively near future.

us.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63657520100408?ca=rdt

im not sure about everyone else, but its difficult to get excited about these types of inventions. Mainly because there is:

1) no proof of how effective it is;

2) even if it is effective, it takes 5-10 years for these things to be FDA approved;

3) a loss of funds if the studies are not promising enough, or they become bankrupt;

4) what kind of procedures would be needed in order to use the new skin; and

5) the cost for us.

most people here are after treatments they can undertake in the near future and not just a pipe dream, especially since so many of us have been let down by so many treatments in the past. not to mention all of this sounds very very extreme.

i personally will become more excited once all the above have been fulfilled. for the time being, i dont think it warrants further any attention.

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

im not sure about everyone else, but its difficult to get excited about these types of inventions. Mainly because there is:

2) even if it is effective, it takes 5-10 years for these things to be FDA approved;

3) a loss of funds if the studies are not promising enough, or they become bankrupt;

5) the cost for us.

most people here are after treatments they can undertake in the near future and not just a pipe dream, especially since so many of us have been let down by so many treatments in the past. not to mention all of this sounds very very extreme.

i personally will become more excited once all the above have been fulfilled. for the time being, i dont think it warrants further any attention.

Your skepticism is fully warranted. I, like you, have been let down more times than I can count. However, you can't let skepticism blind you to real promise. 1) How do you know it isn't effective? Have you read any of the literature? 2.) yes, it may take 5-10 years to eventually hit the market, but so what? If this pans out to be truly effective, I'll be overjoyed for all the people who won't have to suffer the misery of scarring in the future. It isn't only about you, you know. 3) you're worried about funding? Give me a break; just how eeyorish can you get? If it's genuinely effective, rest assured, it will be funded. 4) I really don't know what the procedure would entail, but I'm going to attempt correspondence with one of the researchers. If I'm successful, I'll post whatever he relates to me. 5) Concerned about the cost? Well, either you're a cheapskate or your scarring is not that bad. I've seen a number of posts here by people saying they would pay any price for real relief. I number myself among those. If you feel the technology merits no further attention, then get out of the way and let people who are truly hopeful of a true remedy for their pain look into it.

5) the cost for us.

Your skepticism is fully warranted. I, like you, have been let down more times than I can count. However, you can't let skepticism blind you to real promise. 1) How do you know it isn't effective? Have you read any of the literature? 2.) yes, it may take 5-10 years to eventually hit the market, but so what? If this pans out to be truly effective, I'll be overjoyed for all the people who won't have to suffer the misery of scarring in the future. It isn't only about you, you know. 3) you're worried about funding? Give me a break; just how eeyorish can you get? If it's genuinely effective, rest assured, it will be funded. 4) I really don't know what the procedure would entail, but I'm going to attempt correspondence with one of the researchers. If I'm successful, I'll post whatever he relates to me. 5) Concerned about the cost? Well, either you're a cheapskate or your scarring is not that bad. I've seen a number of posts here by people saying they would pay any price for real relief. I number myself among those. If you feel the technology merits no further attention, then get out of the way and let people who are truly hopeful of a true remedy for their pain look into it.

you say scarring treatments are not just about me and then when you speak about cost, you target me directly. lol you cannot have it both ways, we are either talking about me, or not. :D

im trying to keep a balanced point of view. it seems a lot like another juvista thread, where people have been posting for god knows how many years. people are eagerly awaiting its release, when in reality they realistically be following what we currently have available.

sure it would be fantastic if it worked in the future, but i think its probably better to focus on the present...because thats where we are :)

5) the cost for us.

you say scarring treatments are not just about me and then when you speak about cost, you target me directly. lol you cannot have it both ways, we are either talking about me, or not. :D

im trying to keep a balanced point of view. it seems a lot like another juvista thread, where people have been posting for god knows how many years. people are eagerly awaiting its release, when in reality they realistically be following what we currently have available.

sure it would be fantastic if it worked in the future, but i think its probably better to focus on the present...because thats where we are :)

I agree with you that we need to stay "grounded" when talking about remedies for scarring. The intensity of our suffering tends to make me, at least, jump hard at anything that shows promise. Having acknowledged that, though, I'm damned sure not giving up in my search for new things that could possibly alleviate some our suffering. Retaining a healthy skepticism doesn't compel you to sit on your hands. Realistically, this in all probability is just another shadow without substance. But it's a shadow that I'll test nonetheless.

5) the cost for us.

I agree with you that we need to stay "grounded" when talking about remedies for scarring. The intensity of our suffering tends to make me, at least, jump hard at anything that shows promise. Having acknowledged that, though, I'm damned sure not giving up in my search for new things that could possibly alleviate some our suffering. Retaining a healthy skepticism doesn't compel you to sit on your hands. Realistically, this in all probability is just another shadow without substance. But it's a shadow that I'll test nonetheless.

if it keeps you going, i say go for it. you asked why not many people were speaking about it and the reason above is probably a fair indication. there are a lot of things in the pipeline and a lot of studies occuring constantly. if you are interested in more studies, here is a good link:

http://www.skincaretreated.com/?s=ACNE+SCARS

alternatively, if you want to hear more about inkjet skin printing, do a search of the past posts on here. im sure you will find almost every topic has been spoken about once before. i remember this invention coming up several months ago.

5) the cost for us.

if it keeps you going, i say go for it. you asked why not many people were speaking about it and the reason above is probably a fair indication. there are a lot of things in the pipeline and a lot of studies occuring constantly. if you are interested in more studies, here is a good link:

http://www.skincaretreated.com/?s=ACNE+SCARS

alternatively, if you want to hear more about inkjet skin printing, do a search of the past posts on here. im sure you will find almost every topic has been spoken about once before. i remember this invention coming up several months ago.

Actually, thanks, but I've already seen your point of view. I'm kinda hoping to get other people's points of view as well.

Never heard of this until now. The thing i'm most excited for is 'Nexagon Gel'. If combined with dermarolling it could be the answer to acne scarring. And it doesn't seem like it's too far off.

i agree with Gimmie,gimmie,gimmie....must be a Abba fan...lol!We were suppose to know three Halloweens ago if acell worked.....i am still waiting..............the past list of high hopes....isologen,certain fillers,fraxel,stem cells, ect,ect!I think everybody here would be very happy if something really great came out but i just don't see it.Thanks for sharing though Brinkwalker!you never know......and with the economy being like it is...i doubt most can probably afford the treatment cost.....ideas are free and don't cost money with breakthroughs in science and medicine sometimes with thinking outside the box.Albert Einstein comes to mind!