Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abrocado

I guess I tried to pop this too early, how do I heal it? (Help please!)

I had a relatively small reddish pimple under my eye for about 1-1.5 weeks. I treated it daily with tea tree oil and then put Neosporin over it at night. On Friday, I made the mistake of trying to pop it, and it didn't really work. It bled for a while, and I iced it to try to close the pores and limit the swelling. Now that the weekend is almost over, it still looks just as angry as it did on Friday afternoon. I've stil been putting tea tree oil and Neosporin on it, but it's not healing, and it feels very irritated (it burns sometimes). Other than waiting, what can I do to accelerate the healing process (at least make the redness go down)?

Here's a picture of how it looks now (sorry for the crappy cell-phone picture quality)

post-83393-1289161458_thumb.jpg

Edited by abrocado

Dayum it's right by your eye? Judging by the skin that's around our eyes, I don't think that pimple should last too long but you def don't want to put anything too harsh on it since it's that close to your eye. Maybe just a 5% BP spot treatment overnight if anything. Don't touch it again though that was a mistake but this type of pimple shouldn't last too long, at least it never did in my experience.

Dayum it's right by your eye? Judging by the skin that's around our eyes, I don't think that pimple should last too long but you def don't want to put anything too harsh on it since it's that close to your eye. Maybe just a 5% BP spot treatment overnight if anything. Don't touch it again though that was a mistake but this type of pimple shouldn't last too long, at least it never did in my experience.

Yeah, its right above the cheek. Idk whether to try hydrocortisone or desitin, or whether those would be too harsh. I just want to get rid of some of the redness at least, but I also don't want to further irritate it. BP tends to be a little harsh, I have relatively sensitive skin. Anyone know what would be the best thing to use, and what things to stay away from?

I would stop with the tea tree oil too especially when it's right near the eye, tea tree can be extremely drying. I would keep applying the neosporin at night though especially since you said it was bleeding at one point.

I had a relatively small reddish pimple under my eye for about 1-1.5 weeks. I treated it daily with tea tree oil and then put Neosporin over it at night. On Friday, I made the mistake of trying to pop it, and it didn't really work. It bled for a while, and I iced it to try to close the pores and limit the swelling. Now that the weekend is almost over, it still looks just as angry as it did on Friday afternoon. I've stil been putting tea tree oil and Neosporin on it, but it's not healing, and it feels very irritated (it burns sometimes). Other than waiting, what can I do to accelerate the healing process (at least make the redness go down)?

Here's a picture of how it looks now (sorry for the crappy cell-phone picture quality)

Something I've been experimenting with for a while now is crushing a zinc tablet in a little water, and applying the paste to the wound for a while - halfan hour to an hour or so. This really speeds up the process although it's not miracle cure. It just makes the wound scab over faster, and reduces inflammation and redness big time! I know its probably a bit late now, but hopefully it could help you in the future. =)

Guest Timehealsall

regarding neosporin, do you apply it to popped pimples only or even non popped zits to reduce scarring?

ALso, when you do apply it to popped zits, how long do you apply it for? Do you use it only once or everyday until it heals?