Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Honestly,

I felt like I had to come in here and just preach a lil' something something to everyone who's suffering with this acne phase haha. No but seriously though, I've been there also and at my WORST, I felt like I was alone and everyone else didn't have it as bad as I did and it was like why me???? My girl is really beautiful and I'm a good looking guy too but these pimples would kill my self esteem and confidence and even make me not want to be seen next to her cause I felt like I made her look bad to be next to my diseased looking ass (though she loves me and thinks I'm good looking anyway). Even when my acne wasn't that bad I saw it as the worst thing in the world and just wanted to hide in a corner for days until it was all gone. I know you've all been there and some of you are still going through it but honestly.... you CAN'T let it take over.

I started getting pimples when I was around 15, but it never got BAD until I was 18. I mean it got to the point where it was everywhere, my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, jawline, neck....you name it. It would hit me all at the same time too...looked like one big rash on my face. That's when I started buying every product known to man, (I'm talking clearasil ultra, to Olay, to something called ACNETIX lol). but nothing was working at all. I researched everything on google about pimples and probably know more than some dermatologists honestly haha. From ages 18 - 20 I tried everything out and nothing worked so I got fed up and FINALLY went to my derm. It was the best decision I made, she discovered I had like a fungus on my face I'm assuming from when I was hitting the gym a lot I must have touched my face after using the equipment like an idiot. Anyway she diagnosed me and prescribed what was necessary and I've controlled it since. (I'm now 22 years old).

My face is mainly clear now but sometimes I do get the bad cystic pimple around my chin area and it starts to affect my confidence and self esteem again but I stay optimistic and I go about my days because life is too short to always be down and honestly acne is temporary. My point is really.... It's ugly, it is really ugly but you are not. Everyone and their mother knows what acne is and they don't see you as diseased or ugly, they see the acne as ugly but not you. Shine through and keep your personality, don't lose yourself because it will pass, go to your derm, fight it, and it will pass. If people do look at you, they are probably hoping you get through it, not thinking you're a nasty looking person. Good luck to all and I hope some of you actually read this long ass thing and feel better about yourselves because you will overcome it. I did. :cool:

Edited by NeverPaysAttention

LOL thank you for the compliment.....I can honestly say that when I was younger and had perfect skin I was very full of myself and conceited, so in a weird way acne has matured me and made me a lot more humble to the fact that I know I'm attractive with confidence but there is more to me and I see everything in a new perspective now. I used to insult kids and judge other people by their looks, but now I'm completely different. So in a way...THANKS ACNE lol

Hey good post man, i'm 18 and my acne been getting really bad on my cheeks lately. I feel just like you described, i wanna isolate myself and not go out. I blew off my friends this weekend because i didnt want to be seen...

I even broke down and cryed one night because i was so upset with myself and my acne. After i stopped sobbing i scheduled an appointment with my doctor, who im seeing next week and then he might schedule me in with the dermatologist if need be.

I'm just pissed i have to go to school monday looking like this. I know i just gotta get past it though, its only temporary.

No problem I'm glad it's helped you relate and feel better man... Yeah don't worry about it, go to school, lay low if you have to and if it makes you more comfortable and I'm sure once you get looked at by a professional, things are going to take a turn for the better. It's all good!! I mean if you've been having acne on your cheeks it's nothing new so people are probably already used to seeing you with it so no reason to feel insecure or hide.

Hey NeverPaysAttention (I like your name XD), I want to thank you for your wonderful post. I broke down crying while reading it, because I relate to it so much. The past few months have been very hard for me and I seem to be at my lowest point at the moment. I seriously want to lock myself up in my room and just cry the whole day. I'm using a retinoid for my acne and I truly hate how it works, all that purging and it is giving me a very bad IB. I need to stick at this for at least 3 months, but my face has never been this terrible. Everyday I try really hard, forcing myself to go to university, with beautiful girls with smooth nice skin everywhere. At the end of the week I'm going to a birthday where I'm going to meet my friends and they haven't see me in a long time. I'm so scared to face them. .(T_T). The worst part is that the person I truly don't want to see me like this, is a friend of mine whom I fell in love with. And I just don't have the confidence anymore to let my friend see me like this, even though my friend misses me very much.

Thank you, your post gives me a little more strength :)

thanks

i really underestimated acne and what it does to people...

before you have acne you look at the victims of it and turn away,

not really interested in what the hell is going on with them

you just see it as something ugly, and move on. dont get me wrong;

before i was struck with acne i never criticized anyone who had it

hell, i didnt even know what it was. i would just see it and continue with whatever i was doing

you dont stop and wonder what its like, and i guess you arent supposed to - but either way,

once youre in the cockpit you see everything from a different perspective

its not like watching the war from the sidelines, its more like being in the midst

please tell me this isnt forever - and that theres something to gain from this shit

im at the point to where i can barely socialize..with anyone. its scaring me

thanks again for the post, its always a relief to hear from a true survivor

whos truly been there, and truly done that

No problem, I'm glad my post can touch you guys and help you with your struggle.... and thank you for the compliment lol I appreciate it.

@mimi... yeah I know what you mean, back when my face was at its worst I avoided going out as much as I could but I always had such a social life it was impossible. What I used to do when I knew there was no getting out of somewhere I had to be was just avoid my reflection or any mirror that whole day and jus feel confident. Ull feel good as long as u don't find ur reflection somewhere cuz it might kill ur day. It actually helps. Stay on whatever regimen though, don't go off it, there will be days where ur gonna get fed up and wanna quit it bad but don't and ull see results.

[email protected] I mean I feel like my acne was a punishment though lol cuz I was a troublemaker when I was young and back when I had clear ass skin I made fun of a lot of kids and shit like that and karma bit me in the ass. Now I see things in a whole new perspective and grew up and as my face gets clear again I feel bad for those who still suffer cuz I've been thru it ALL and it fuckin sucks.

I'm glad I get to help out in some way.

acne can make even the greatest looking person alive feel the ugliest.

Thats not true because i don't feel ugly :cool:

Thanks NeverPaysAttention :), I went to a b-day party yesterday and avoided every mirror over there. That helped a lot. I still felt uncomfortable because I'm the only one with acne. THE ONLY ONE (>_<) But I managed to have a good time, allthough there were times I wished that I were at home. I don't have to try to avoid my friends anymore, because all of them have seen how bad my face has become. And they still act normally towards me. Although I couldn't help but feel sorry for them because they have to look at my skin. Now I'm at the point where I cannot see how my skin will clear up. I will stuck to my regimen, because I don't have much of a choice. But I'm getting more tired of this whole thing as the days go on.

.(T_T).

It does go away, I'm living proof lol. I'm only 22 and already ACNE is gone, pimples aren't I still get 1 here and there, but ACNE is gone and my face has cleared up finally. I thought the same thing just a few years ago, but eventually it will pass. Stick to whatever regimen you are doing (DONT CHANGE IT) and if you can, keep updated with a derm..people say they don't know what they're doing but they do. They might use you as a guinea pig for a while or so to find out your problem for sure, but once they finally do you'll be cured.

this is a good post, living in new york with all those people while having acne can be hell. i know this beacuse i too use to live there luckly i moved to a small town right before i started geting acne lol. but yeah man good job on keeping the positive attitude, glad to hear you finnaly got rid of it. :)

hey man i noticed you and frannymae have a little connection going on here on the org.. do people ever tell you u look like arod

Edited by acnefree24

hey man i noticed you and frannymae have a little connection going on here on the org.. do people ever tell you u look like arod

Yeh he is a good looking guy but i think rcranger gets all the girls around here ;)

Nothing is going on with any1. I'm in a 4 year relationship and would never resort to online flirting or any flirting for that matter. I'm just on here to help people out with their acne problems because I was once there and I feel bad. Thanks for the compliments but hooking up on acne.org isn't an intention of mine lol. Never been told I look like arod either (that's an insult to me), must be the angle of me in that pic. Here's more pics of me

Edited by NeverPaysAttention

Yeh he is a good looking guy but i think rcranger gets all the girls around here ;)

Nothing is going on with any1. I'm in a 4 year relationship and would never resort to online flirting or any flirting for that matter. I'm just on here to help people out with their acne problems because I was once there and I feel bad. Thanks for the compliments but hooking up on acne.org isn't an intention of mine lol. Never been told I look like arod either (that's an insult to me), must be the angle of me in that pic. Here's more pics of me

hey man arod gets alot of girls lol.... your girlfriends beautiful by the way... and im glad your on here to help others out thats what we need people helping each other out and helping each other stay positive

Thanks and yeah going through these forums and posts, a lot of people are really letting acne destroy them and it doesn't have to be that way cause the shit really is temporary. When my acne was at it's worst I was about only 2 years into my relationship with the same girl you see in those pics and she didn't care, still thought I was good looking and loved me. 2 more years later I'm clear as can be and still with her, acne didn't make a difference. People get so caught up on media expectations or whatever and feel they'll never have a chance at a relationship or a normal life but it's not true, I even read a post where sum1 broke up with their significant other because of acne which to me is ridiculous. Yeah pimples are ugly but they go away and everyone knows that, and for people that make fun or judge you, fuck em that's why you don't keep no1 like that in your life.