Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know how you feel alan but i really dont want to go to school tommorrow with a face like this. I myself didnt see any one else that had acne like me every one with clear faces its not fair i didnt do anything to deserve this punishment.

No, I think they mean you should not worry about it now (teenage years) because it is almost normal to see people with acne. But instead worry about it IF you have it in your 20's or in college because people usually get over it by then. Hope this makes sence and doesn't put anyone down which it isn't intended to do.

Since when? You're in college at 18, and acne PEAKS in severity normally in males age 17-19, and most reasonable sites will tell you that it's normal to continue getting acne into the early 20s, because the hormones from adolescense are still calming down.

I'm 21. I've had mild acne nonstop for 7 years. It ruined my 4 years of high school, it's ruined three years of college, and been getting worse all summer, so I have no doubt that it'll ruin the last year.

THAT'S when you can tell acne to fuck off. After it's ruined the 8 best years of your life.

Sorry to hear that, but I don't know a whole lot about acne and when it comes along. I just don't tend to see alot of people with acne when they are in college or 17-19, just my personal experience.

True, but you know I never saw a lot of people with acne in high school either. There'd be the kids with the serious acne all over the face, and everyone else looking 100% clear.

Hey guys..Dont worry about going to school...we all have to do it and EVERYONE has an issue with themselves..weight, acne, hair, size, voice...e.t.c Just remember it is making you stronger dealing with the problem, and the acne will go away eventually, so just enjoy your life and if people are putting you down because of the way you look, they are the weak one's because they probably could'nt deal with the same probelm as you...

my skin's looking fine now i think im ready for school i saw a couple of friends today and they too had red marks of past break outs so i guess its all good lol

school started (for me) last june. i live in asia, btw. i just started high school.. i was so self-conscious.. i kept on covering my mouth with my handkerchief (as it also covers my cheeks filled with acne). im just thankful that we wear uniforms (my acne seems to be worse when im wearing casual.. no idea why). well, at least my classmates are really friendly and stuff..

Hey Vince.....checked out your pics...your skin looks really good now. I don't think that ppl in college will be that judgemental about your skin. It is true that I hardly see anyone at my school with scars or acne like I had(btw, I go to a school that has an undergrad and grad enrollment of over 35,000). In my three years of college to date, I don't think I ever had one comment about my acne. Maybe some ppl will give u odd looks but don't let that get to you....I know it be hard when u feel like no one else has problems with their skin and take clear skin for granted. I've had to even go to some counseling sessions to help with the problem. In general....I think ppl that are in college are mature enough to not focus on that...they'll want to get to know you for who you are and look past your acne. Enjoy your 4 yrs of college.

Well I went through my first week of school and I noticed a lot of my other friend I didn't get to see during the summer look like they also had some break outs and left red marks and all so I don't feel alone on this one, and a lot of other people have worse skin than me so I don't feel like I'm the only one there wit acne.

Also none of my friends said anything neither did my female friends I don't think they even noticed biggrin.gif

Yea I went back on the 18th, I saw tons of faces that were worse then mine. Though I wish I didn't have it, and I wish they didn't, it did make me feel a little better about myself...