Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I'd like to say hello as this is my first post on this forum. I'm posting here today because I've had a sudden outbreak over the last month that is plaguing my entire forehead, mainly concentrated above my eyebrows.

I am a 25 year old Male and for the most part I've always been clear of any acne. Granted, I'd have the occasional blemish or 2 from time to time but nothing that would be considered a concentration of acne. This all started exactly when I began my new job about a month ago. I know it isn't attributable to stress because I enjoy my job and don't find myself getting stressed out. However, I do notice my forehead becoming considerably more greasy when I'm in the office all day. When I'm at home I do not experience this excess greasiness. I know it sounds weird but it's been very frustrating to me as of late. I cannot figure out why exactly. I should mention that since I started this job I've been consistently eating a wheat bagel with cream cheese every morning. I don't know if this could be a cause but I've eaten wheat bagels with cream cheese many times in the past without any issues. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else that has changed in my life.

The acne seems to be mainly concentrated in the region directly above my eyebrows and a few pimples scattered across my forehead. The flow of pimples has been perpetual. I can see the current pimples healing and I can also see the formation of new pimples that will inevitably ruin my upcoming week. It has gotten to the point where my barber has even commented on the rapid change in my skin complexion.

At night I've been using Neutrogena Rapid Clear salicylic acid pads after getting out of the shower and then applying 2% Benzoyl peroxide to affected areas. I also take a Centrum Multi-vitamin and Omega-3 fish oil every day. I've been reading online that many people have had great success using supplements such as Zinc or Vitamin B. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as this condition is slowly destroying my life. I have gotten to the point where I eat lunch at my desk and try not to go to the bathroom too much at work so I don't bump into too many people I know.