Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

there is this new products from jordan which was just discovered by a friend of mine, and was so wonderful in clearing all her dark sports, since then has also introduced to a lot of other friends, every one say its amazing. KRIB

post-140521-1289081378_thumb.jpg

post-140521-1289081378_thumb.jpg

ummm..I don't know much about "skin whitening" creams but just looking at those products/labels it seems very racist to me. Whiter= better? wtf..

what kind of community do we live in where people see race in every thing in life even in the label of a product. i dont know what is your yard stick for judgeing race, but i dont see it in those products

ummm..I don't know much about "skin whitening" creams but just looking at those products/labels it seems very racist to me. Whiter= better? wtf..

what kind of community do we live in where people see race in every thing in life even in the label of a product. i dont know what is your yard stick for judgeing race, but i dont see it in those products

Are you kidding me...I am not judging race nor do i have a metaphorical "yardstick"..the products are advertising to make your skin WHITER, that is an OBJECTIVE statement. If a product is advertising whiter skin, they are assuming that whiter skin is better skin. Ignoring race is called neutrality, and it is very irresponsible and is what is keeping racism alive today. People are made differently, have different backgrounds, look differently, are treated differently throughout history...it is important to acknowledge these differences and celebrate them. However, when the media blatantly advertises a product that is supposed to make skin "whiter", and shows african american people on their labels becoming "whiter", that is a big issue to me. We shouldn't view white as better or as normal, and that is the idea these products are drilling into our minds

Its not ridiculous...

Is this post about tanning lotion? Was tanning lotion ever mentioned in this thread?? The answer is a resounding no. . We'resimply not talking about that. And anyways, I have never heard of skin whitening lotion being called racist before either (mainly because i have never heard of skin whitening lotion).

How is the message "white skin is better than black skin" not racist..please explain that to me. If there was a surgery to make one's black skin turn white (no..not like the former M. Jackson), that would be just as racist. Lets all invent creams to make everybody look like the race who controls the media!! HURRAY

its not racist at all.

skin whitening products are used regularly in a lot of asian nations. there white skin is seen to be a symbol of wealth..the reason being a lot of the country's poor, work in the fields and have a distinct tan and having whiter skin is more symbolic of an office job and money. this was the reason i was given by one of my asian friends.

its the complete opposite to what we do in western cultures where we all want to be tanned or even fake tanned - to give the illuson we are healthy, go to the beach and live a fun, exciting and sexy lifestyle.

to label the above as racist is a misunderstanding.

theres a lot of creams with similar names that are sold in the black community. a really popular one is called "fair&white". i dont find the labels racist however i do think that maybe the word light should be used instead of white. there are many african americans that desire a lighter skin tone but that doesnt mean they are trying to become "white".

If the black skinned people want to change their skins to white then it's their problem - I don't call that racist at all! Stupid... yes. But not racist.

And I would say the EXACT same thing for a white who decided to change to black (if it were possible)... not racist, but stupid.

The message seems to be simple: we (meaning public in general) want what we don't have. EG: The blacks want fairer skin and the white's want darker skin. It's no more racist than the straight hair girl wanting curls or the blonde wanting to be brunette.

The real racist it the one who see's racism in anything connected with skin colour, instead of just taking it as a general discussion of skin tone. Just mention the word "black and white" in the same sentence and it's suddenly "racist".

And btw, the reason I brought up tanning lotion is because it's the exact opposite of skin-whitening lotion - which has been called racist.