Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoopah

sore wrinkly eyesss

I'm a newbie to the regimen (couple of weeks in) and I've been going through all your posts reading up on stories and issues etc etc and am hoping that if I stick with the regime I will be following some of you guys with your successes! However I'm finding that around the eye area (I know this is an extremely sensitive area) it's becoming rather dry, sore and dare I say wrinkly?? People are telling me to stop using it because it's rather noticeable and makes me look old and it is slightly red :/ im not wanting to give up the regimen just yet! So I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and what is the best solution? The thing is I'm not even putting the BP near my eyes?! Perhaps and eye cream? If so, what are you guys using? Thank you for reading and again sorry if it's been posted before!

I'm a newbie to the regimen (couple of weeks in) and I've been going through all your posts reading up on stories and issues etc etc and am hoping that if I stick with the regime I will be following some of you guys with your successes! However I'm finding that around the eye area (I know this is an extremely sensitive area) it's becoming rather dry, sore and dare I say wrinkly?? People are telling me to stop using it because it's rather noticeable and makes me look old and it is slightly red :/ im not wanting to give up the regimen just yet! So I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and what is the best solution? The thing is I'm not even putting the BP near my eyes?! Perhaps and eye cream? If so, what are you guys using? Thank you for reading and again sorry if it's been posted before!

I had that for a couple days, but i just glob on the moisturizer around my eyes before i sleep, or a nice layer of it whenever it feels irritated during the day, it usually goes away in a minute or two, but it stings like all hell at first.

Good luck.

I had the wrinkly eyes before when using the regimen, and it was one of the reasons I quit the first time around. Now at my second-go-around with the regimen, I have no problem with my eye area wrinkling. Also, this time around, I've made sure that I wait long enough in between steps to make sure that my face is dry (before, I would put the BP on my face moments after towel-drying, so the BP would never fully absorb... just sit on top of my skin -- then, when I went to put moisturizer on, it felt like i was spreading the BP around some more). Make sure that you are letting the BP absorb fully before applying moisturizer to make sure you're not spreading it into the delicate eye area.

Also, this time on the regimen, I've started using a night-time eye cream that I apply right after cleansing. I don't think it's necessary though to prevent the BP-induced eye wrinkles, because I only do this at night, and I have no problems in the morning when I don't use this in my routine.

i had some sore/red patches around my eyes also.. i stopped using BP around, and just spot treated in that area if i needed to. it helped alot, and made sure to moisturize that area right after cleansing. sometimes i even put vaseline around my eye area (at night) and it seemed to help too!

I had this exact same thing. I noticed that really early on in the regimen that when I'd smile, my eyes were super wrinkly and the smile lines around my mouth were really defined. I just had to up the amount of moisturiser I was using and it went away pretty quickly. I believe in part, this is just your skin not being completely used to the drying effect of the BP. It should eventually resolve itself but I would increase the dosage of moisturiser around those areas (and surrounding areas) for the time being.