Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oneredwine

Candida? Fungal Acne? Small bumps

Around the beginning of last summer, I noticed plenty of tiny bumps around my jawline. Barely noticeable at first, but they started showing more and more. Every day or so, I would wake up to find that one or two of them had grown into some sort of painful whitehead. Having had acne over the rest of my face, at first I thought it was just getting much worse, so I went to my derm. He prescribed Differin, Benzoyl Peroxide wash, Minaxen and put me on Yaz, saying it was all hormonal. Although I cannot say I was convinced, I tried it anyway. It made me acne a 100 times worse. And my skin was an absolute mess. I know your skin is supposed to get worse before it gets better, but it didn't seem to be. After doing some research on the internet, I decided to stop the treatment and starting using lemon, both topically and as a drink, which seemed to work so much better. Thing is, I have been using lemon for so long now, and when I stop, the bumps appear again. I have noticed that they tend to be itchy, and aren't turning into whiteheads. Just painful bumps. I am wondering if it could be some sort of Candida or something fungal? Also, when they first appeared, I was eating plenty of fruit, if that might have anything to do with it....

I really wish someone could help, since like I said, my derm just prescribed a whole lot of the usual rubbish, and my doctor just prescribed benzoyl per which did not work. Thanks!