Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vodkapoptart

Drinking Aloe Vera Juice?

Has anyone ever tried this? At the beginning of Summer I was drinking it on a daily basis and I remember my skin being alot clearer. It tastes horrible, so I was mixing it with cranberry juice each day. Has anyone else had luck getting clear by drinking it? I think I may start again.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I started drinkin gthis yesterday.... it does taste like crap :(. But I mix 2oz with half a lemon for it's juice, a packet of stevia and some water..... tatses like lemonade :).

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Never tried it, but it seems promising. It's said to help relieve digestion issues, and a lot of people here believe digestion plays a big part in skin issues, so maybe that is what was helping you! Did you find it helped with things like bloating, constipation, etc? IF yes, maybe you can look into other things that taste good/better that do the same. I'm taking Metamucil for this myself. Too early to see results of course.

I do think it was helping with digestion and flushing my system out. That's why I mixed it with cranberry juice because that helps flush your system out too. I bought some aloe vera juice yesterday so I plan to start drinking it today.

I started drinkin gthis yesterday.... it does taste like crap :(. But I mix 2oz with half a lemon for it's juice, a packet of stevia and some water..... tatses like lemonade :).

Hmmm, I might have to try that.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

How long were you drinking it for? And what other positives do you think it brought on?

I'm just starting on Metamucil and drinking more green tea, so in a few months i'll look into trying some! I think I saw some at my health food stores.

I drank it everyday for about a month, plus I had just changed my diet to eating more healthy stuff. Plus I was drinking tons of water.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It's so hard to drink more water fo me. I'm so lazy, I hate getting up to fill my bottle/glass up!

It's harder for me to drink water alot now that it's getting colder. I drink green tea also, but not as much. Haha...I hate refilling my bottles too, so I make one of my kids do it :lol: Bad mom, I know. Geesh, I only ask them once in a while.

Edited by SickBubblegum

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Tastes BAD? No way! I use to drink aloe juice all the time mixed with a few other juices.Very pleasant.

I personally don't see how it could improve acne,but it supposedly helps keep your digestive system healthy. It has minerals and aminos, but if the health of your skin is bad because of the lack of those then you need to be examining your diet as a whole.

Tastes BAD? No way! I use to drink aloe juice all the time mixed with a few other juices.Very pleasant.

I personally don't see how it could improve acne,but it supposedly helps keep your digestive system healthy. It has minerals and aminos, but if the health of your skin is bad because of the lack of those then you need to be examining your diet as a whole.

I eat pretty healthy and diet does not always play a part in acne. There are many people on here who eat healthy and so forth and still get pimples.

I am aware that some people don't see a link between their healthy eating and acne.

I said IF you skin shows improvement with aloe vera juice,the most likely reason I can think of is the aloes minerals. The minerals it contains are not exclusive to the aloe plant. So if improvement is seen with aloe juice,you *may* want to examine other aspects of your diet.

Pure speculation,no preaching.

I am aware that some people don't see a link between their healthy eating and acne.

I said IF you skin shows improvement with aloe vera juice,the most likely reason I can think of is the aloes minerals. The minerals it contains are not exclusive to the aloe plant. So if improvement is seen with aloe juice,you *may* want to examine other aspects of your diet.

Pure speculation,no preaching.

I know. I wasn't being snotty or anything. Just sayin...