Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Started using bio oil & skin lighting last night

As the topic title says... It's mainly for the hyperpigmentation left after fraxel so we'll see how this goes. Hopefully the bio oil doesnt make me break out. I'm using the bio oil in the morning and skin lightning serum at night. Will still be using cleanser/moisturiser/acne solution etc.

Goodluck!

Sometimes- its worth an initial break out to get used to a product...my skin reacts to pretty much everything at first. I think zit- I get zit.

I hope it works, let us know! (if it does I might keep some handy, summer here and ANY sun causes discoloration on my laser burned areas.)

Adella

Goodluck!

Sometimes- its worth an initial break out to get used to a product...my skin reacts to pretty much everything at first. I think zit- I get zit.

I hope it works, let us know! (if it does I might keep some handy, summer here and ANY sun causes discoloration on my laser burned areas.)

Adella

hey adella,

Didn't you try to treat those areas... say with derma-roller or peels or anything? Cuz I too have some redness left after the freakin laser, that just won't go away, although it's been like 10 months since the bloody treatment.

@benni Yes, I treated pigmentation with a series of greenpeels. They take off layers of skin at a time :) requires a bit of downtime too.

Thing is....I had laser done in 2001. I fixed ALL pigmentation by 2002, ended up with very clear white skin..BUT when you have laser, it seems to leave you vunerable to patchy type red blotchy tanning.........FOREVER.

Oneday 2008 I layed in the sun with no sunscreen..Opps...I was a patchy mess afterwards. Although its faded away over time, I panic if I forget sunscreen. I can end up looking blotchy from 1/2 hr of sunlight.

I live in a small town these days and theres no place to have a greenpeel done here. Plus I also live in a tropical beachy environment...very hard to avoid the sun.

Adella

Even though I have found various solutions, im still fighting the battle too. I have just come to a place where my skin no longer bothers me, like it used to. My improvements are great but not 100%...I will always be seeking to heal the damage inflicted on my skin. The burn scars are still there even if alot shallower. I have realised that I am not defined by scars- life goes on happily, we are ALL beautiful!! no matter what. dont allow the media to TELL you whats beautiful and what isnt. X

@benni Yes, I treated pigmentation with a series of greenpeels. They take off layers of skin at a time :) requires a bit of downtime too.

Thing is....I had laser done in 2001. I fixed ALL pigmentation by 2002, ended up with very clear white skin..BUT when you have laser, it seems to leave you vunerable to patchy type red blotchy tanning.........FOREVER.

Oneday 2008 I layed in the sun with no sunscreen..Opps...I was a patchy mess afterwards. Although its faded away over time, I panic if I forget sunscreen. I can end up looking blotchy from 1/2 hr of sunlight.

I live in a small town these days and theres no place to have a greenpeel done here. Plus I also live in a tropical beachy environment...very hard to avoid the sun.

Adella

Even though I have found various solutions, im still fighting the battle too. I have just come to a place where my skin no longer bothers me, like it used to. My improvements are great but not 100%...I will always be seeking to heal the damage inflicted on my skin. The burn scars are still there even if alot shallower. I have realised that I am not defined by scars- life goes on happily, we are ALL beautiful!! no matter what. dont allow the media to TELL you whats beautiful and what isnt. X

i wouldnt recommend the use of bio oil on your face for any reason. some users on this site have found it comogenic and may cause an outbreak of acne. it also seems limited for getting rid of red marks. read the reviews section for more information.

i liked the sound of the white lotus serum you were mentioning. improved circulation should remove redness over time. i recommend you buy that instead :)

Ok i'm pretty sure it'd be the bio oil, I have broken out on one of the three test areas I have been using the skin lightning and bio oil. Ive been wearing a lot of suncream too and I mean, it couldnt just be acne popping up over the spot i was applying the bio oil. I have been eating pretty bad this past week and have several pimples now but this one that just popped up over one of my biggest scars looks like a little cyst. I can feel it under my skin like a little pea. Sucks. I can't prove that it's from the bio oil though.

Skin lightning is also giving me issues. Making my skin red and more pigment. Hopefully this is just a temporary reaction to the serum. Can anyone else tell me if this is normal???

Ive read a lot of good feedback about emu oil for scars and that it doesnt cause breakouts?

Guest Timehealsall

Adella

i wouldnt recommend the use of bio oil on your face for any reason. some users on this site have found it comogenic and may cause an outbreak of acne. it also seems limited for getting rid of red marks. read the reviews section for more information.

i liked the sound of the white lotus serum you were mentioning. improved circulation should remove redness over time. i recommend you buy that instead :)

hey gimme gimme, would you personally reccomend using jojoba oil?

Personally, i disagree with oil of any kind being used on skin if a person is acne prone... but that is just me. As far as bio-oil helping scars.... the jury is still out on that one... LOL.

but I doubt it personally.

Sorry.

Do some research though.