Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keviinx09

Dermarolling Question? ?

hmmm......I don't know. I feel like if you use long needles that get into the skin kinda deep, the topical products don't matter so much because you are really stimulating your body's own collagen production at a pretty deep level.

But maybe if you use shorter needles like 1.0 and smaller, the topical products matter more because by rolling at a more superficial level, you aren't so much stimulating deep collagen production as you are enabling your skin to better absorb topicals.

I've been rolling once a month or ever 6 weeks with a 1.5. I've rolled a few times. I have been using Retin A gel for a couple of years. And I use a vitamin C solution for a few days after I roll. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. For me, I definitely feel like the rolling itself and my good diet matters a lot more than the topicals though.

Edited by chinacat

@kevin

The rolling breaks up the scar tissue-allowing product to work more effectivley, and needling is also called CIT, short for collagen induction therapy...

HERE...READ THIS.

Needling

Needling, also called subcision, dermarolling, or percutaneous collagen induction therapy, began in 1997. It is a process where the scarred area is continuously needled to promote collagen formation. In 2008 a retrospective analysis of 480 persons concluded that it was effective; the patients applied vitamin A and vitamin C to the skin prior to and following the needling.[32] A 2009 review of the therapy similarly concluded that it was effective.[33]

The needles are typically standard medical grade stainless steel or newer variants made from titanium which can have minimal diameter yet retain strength and sharpness for reducing pain. The needles are fixed onto a plastic barrel which rotates around an axle that connects to a handle for holding the device. Once needled the area is allowed to fully heal, and needled again if required depending on the intensity of the scar. Scarring needles and needling rollers are available for home use; however, needling should not be done on parts of the face or areas where major nerves are located without professional medical supervision. Needling at home must also be done in line with hygienic and sterilization requirements. Despite the small length of home use needles, it is prudent to ensure that the microneedle roller has been gamma sterilised by the manufacturer as usually these devices are assembled by hand.

It is worth noting that severe scarring is unlikely to benefit from home based treatments as the user is unlikely to be able to penetrate deeply enough to create significant improvements.[34] In the cases of deep scarring, only professional treatments are likely to work.

WIKIPEDIA.

Its probably easier and a better idea to LOOK these things up than rely on others for an informed answer.

(although you got one :whistle: )

If you are considering dermarolling, you need to do some research and learn what you are aiming for.

Goodluck

Adella

Edited by adella