Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Low stomach acid?

Im having a wonder if some of my problems are caused by low stomach acid, almost anything gets me bloated from supplements to foods such as eggs. Supplements ive tried lately are chlorella, spiruline, l-glutamine and a b-complex, they all seem to bother my stomach. If i eat something like eggs not only does it make me bloated but it just feels like it will then sit in my stomach for a couple of days and then there will finally be a release from it. Does this sound like it could be low stomach acid?

It could be

I would recommend Nature's Biotics - i think you're uk right? i had some digestion issues and a bottle of these sorted me out.

Also up the good probiotics to get things moving. if you think candida is an issue for you these will both help.

i use dr mercola probiotics as they are really strong - you can get them from red23 in uk

It could be

I would recommend Nature's Biotics - i think you're uk right? i had some digestion issues and a bottle of these sorted me out.

Also up the good probiotics to get things moving. if you think candida is an issue for you these will both help.

i use dr mercola probiotics as they are really strong - you can get them from red23 in uk

Yup im uk. Just had a look at Nature's Biotics, quite pricey!! haha. What sort of digestion issues did you have? Was it similar to mine? Im pretty sure i have candida as well so they could be useful.

It could be

Yup im uk. Just had a look at Nature's Biotics, quite pricey!! haha. What sort of digestion issues did you have? Was it similar to mine? Im pretty sure i have candida as well so they could be useful.

well candida is connected to low stomach acid. google it.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

It could be

indigestion mainly, bloating, cramps, unable to digest a lot of raw foods. pricey but worth it. or overdose on good quality probiotic, you'll see the difference

oh and can the fruit for a bit ;)

You do need to stop messing about and go to a doctor. Continual bloating and constipation can mean unpleasant things as I said in another post (slow motility, for instance). I'd seriously hope it wasn't gastroparesis but merely slowed motility and peristalsis.

If you go to a doctor, the most they'll do is give you some medications you can try and send you on your way. I've been there, done that.

To test if you have hypochlorhydria, go buy a bottle of HCl (hydrochloric acid) at the health food store. Take two pills at meal time. If you feel a little nauseous or a slight burning sensation in your stomach, you will know your stomach acid is fine. Also, eat something creamy to relieve the sensation. However, if you feel fine, then you do have weak stomach acid. Try three pills at the next meal and so on and so forth. I went up to 16 pills and still felt nothing. That is when I realized I had a SEVERE stomach acid problem (and still doctors would not help me!!).

After two years, I found that low stomach acid is usually caused by various health conditions. Mine were Celiac Disease and hypothyroidism.

The most accurate Celiac test currently available is a stool test that costs $99. I used EnteroLab.

However, there really isn't an accurate test for thyroid problems (the accepted medical tests only show the extremes). You just have to see if you have the symptoms (cold intolerance, cold hands and feet, or heat intolerance, pounding heart, etc.).

I wish you luck!

healthoid used to be constantly taking a HCl&Pepsin supplement to keep him clear, search it.