Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brianro

accutane and blackheads

i have a question about blackheads while you're taking accutane. i've heard that your blackheads like push themselves out and fall out while you're on accutane.

so i'm about 3 weeks into accutane, and i think this is happening now. the pores on my nose, beside my nose, and on my chin all feel like bumped out, and i can even see the blackheads like pushing out (sorry if this is gross). soooo

a) is this around the time this happens?

b) will they literally like fall out, or do i need to like push them out?

thanks!

It happens at different times for different people, so it might or might not be about to happen for you.

They'll fall out by themselves if you leave them, if you squeeze them then you risk getting some nice red marks for your trouble.

Yea, definitely don't try to force them out. Mine didn't fall out like that, but I've read where they have for others. My nose felt like sandpaper for awhile.

Yeah that definitely happened to me. It was around 2-3 weeks for me. It was really weird because I don't remember that happening on my first course but it's pretty cool because now I don't have blackheads on my nose! Woo!

blackheads came around the same time - all over, if you pick at them they will more likely turn into whiteheads. if you use a gentle scrub like st ives it helps. also using a hot compress for 10 mins brings it out more quickly