Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Is it possible that 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide can peel down to raw skin?

Guest Timehealsall

if used in abundant amounts?

maybe if youre skin is very sensitive. ut i doubt it. if you apply good moisturizer, it should be good. or use the BP every other day

Edited by DayneCarter

2.5% benzoyl peroxide can be (in the beginning) very harsh indeed. i felt like raw skin and burnt and wasn´t even using the full amount.

it does go away!!!

also: i realised that´s important which bpo-product you are using. some are gentle (like dans bpo or oxy on the spot) or some are very harsh (like panoxyl...even as a 2.5% bpo product).

your face is not going to be raw (unless you rub your skin to death while you are in the first weeks of bpo)...

leave your red and itchy skin alone, use less bpo in the beginning, apply lots of moisturiser (some need it more then twice in the beginning or let´s say "redface phase") and wait unil your face as calmed down. don´t rub!!!

when my face was red i thought my skin is never going to get used to this tough stuff. but now i can use the full amount and nothing freally happens...

good luck!

Guest Timehealsall

My question is, what has more chances of giving you pimples, letting the flakes build up or dead skin build up and clog your pores, thus pimples.

Or, rubbing the dead skin/flakes off your face thus causing irritation and pimples?

I am so perplexed between what to do between these two... :boohoo:

In my experience, exfoliation is always better.

I like to take a wet face cloth and massage either salt water or jojoba oil into my skin. Now that it's getting cold, I prefer the jojoba this time of year for moisture =]

As long as you're gentle your skin shouldn't get too irritated.

Guest Timehealsall

how can you be gentle with a wet face cloth?

Give me some hints please!

Guest Timehealsall

Wait are you telling, me that there is a chance that you can get raw skin from bp and thus scarring? Btw I am on the 9 or 10 week of the regimen. Only rubbing I do is jojoba exfoliation method

Wait are you telling, me that there is a chance that you can get raw skin from bp and thus scarring? Btw I am on the 9 or 10 week of the regimen. Only rubbing I do is jojoba exfoliation method

No. Re-read what the above poster wrote.

If you spend any amount of time in the sun without a good sun cream you may also be getting a sunburn on your face. Could this potentially be a cause for what you're feeling?

Yes, I have "burned" small areas of my face with BP before, mostly from overly aggressive spot treating. My rule of thumb is, if your face is irritated, BACK OFF the BP, then work up slowly. Everyone will be happier in the end.

Guest Timehealsall

well to be honest, i rarely if ever go in the sun.

The reason i asked this question was out of curiosity.

My skin is not really red, its just incredibly flaky/dry.

I cant tell if my skin is irritated, is over flaking/dryness a sign? Or is that normal? I am 10 weeks into the regimen btw.

Guest Timehealsall

I was just wondering, but everytime i apply the BP to my face, it always seems to ball up with the flakes/dead skin that BP had earlier caused. It seems that everytime i apply the BP, it just loosens the dead skin, so i am not sure if the BP is actualyl being absorbed by my skin? Does this mean i should try to remove the dead skin?