Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chikyuu

Starting month 4, Still extremely dry and flaky

Hi.

I'm starting up my 4th month on the regimen, and am currently having a PMS breakout. :confused::confused: But I'm still extremely flaky and dry during the day! :wall: I put a layer of jojoba oil all over my face before BP, and I still have to use moisturizer (old DKR formula or Cetaphil) multiple times a day and my skin keeps drying out over and over again. :wall: There's no way I can wear makeup this way. Please help. :pray:

For what it's worth though, I live in a VERY dry climate and winter's coming which means dry heat and HEATERS which make it SUPER dry where I live.

Edited by Chikyuu

Guest Timehealsall

im about 10 weeks into regimen and im flaking/dry like crazy.!

Bump?

Have you tried the jojoba oil massage deal? it kind of helped me, but once i cleansed, all the flakes would come back.

So i

Cleanse. let dry (i also kind of stretch my skin by making faces to loosen the flakes up, its just kind of satisfying, and probably irritating so i wouldn't do it if you have sensitive skin)

apply a generous amount of oil, massage until ALL the flakes are free.

Gently wipe them off with my fingers as best as i can

Apply BP

Moisturize (with a drop or two of oil)

Wait 15-30 minutes, blot off excess oil, and i'm good to go.

It tends to take a WHILE to get all the flakes free, i generally do it until the skin feels smooth underneath, because i have a lot of time on my hands and i'm kind of OCD like that, but you probably don't have to be as thorough.

Just an idea.