Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrjarjarbinks77

So, i finally give up on all natural/organics

I have tried everything out there from made from earth, supplements (vitamins, aloe, stress reliever herbs, digestive enzymes, probiotics, etc). I get temporary relief and then, a dreaded flair up comes along. I am honestly depressed. I shouldn't bitch about it cause, my acne isn't sever but, i still get these bad pimples, inflamed, etc a real nasty one or a couple. It clears and I'll feel good and then... out of nowhere, the next one comes along. I have give up so much. No facial hair, no pizza, snacks, sugar of any kind or high fatty foods. I eat so clean. I workout regularly. I jog and do different activities. I meditate and taken up yoga. I am doing so much to live a active, healthy, fit life style. Still, i am plagued with this. It must be genetic based. So, I have held off on a prescription. FUCK IT. I cannot wait any longer. I am putting in the prescription. its two diff items minocyline or something and some gel. I am not covered which blows but, I cannot wait any longer for clarity. I've held off on dates, girls fromw ork, diff things. Its been forever plaguing on and off. I hope this works. I will give it a couple months and if nothing, I will go to accutane.

Sorry to hear that you're "giving up". Maybe it's just a matter of finding what products work for you. I eat healthy and have a strict diet as well and I also switched to natural/organic skincare and I still get acne. But I'm also testing out different products and my problem is that once I use something for a while, my skin becomes immune to it and it stops working for me. Maybe that's what's happening with you. I used something for the past 4 months and my skin was super clear, but it stopped working for me, so now I have to try something else. Anyways, good luck. I hope you find something that works.

Acne is so frustrating! I do think there is a genetics component for many of us. I'm not convinced that diet has much to do with it. Exercise and meditation are great for the mind and body. Those are things we should do regardless of whether or not we have acne. The resulting reduction in stress may even help acne.

I hope you find something that helps you. You may want to consider Dan's Regimen. I have only just started on it myself, so I cannot say yet that it will help me for sure, but the simplicity of it is appealing, and no prescription products are needed.

I am running 6k 3x a week, i do martial arts a couple times a week. I do meditation regularly. I am taking on yoga classes now. I workout 5days a week. I am eating healthy. If you've been on my thread, you'll notice that I've been using supplements. I noticed that the doctor prescribed me antibiotics back in the summer. It wasn't till now that I finally took it. I didn't want to take it but, I've tried everything and I am still in this mess. I think part of it is trying so hard to be clear. The other thing that hits me is that, so many stuff their face full of carbs, unhealthy foods, empty calorie meals, and I am drinking water, eating bland chicken - no sauces or condiments and getting a pimple or a cyst. I got an inflammed fucker right now. My plan is to counter balance the antibiotic with pro biotics once I am finished the dossage. I am waiting to see a dermatologist soon. If this doesn't work(I BELIEVE IT WILL), I am going on accutane. I've skipped out on dates, walking the opposite direction, walking so people are on the opposite side of my inflamed pimple just blows. Putting BP on your skin and taking antibiotics that is removing all healthy bacterias and obliterating it sucks. BP prob ages skin I have no doubt. I try to counter balance with aloe vera. It just sucks but, I am trying to be positive.

For whatever reason, the combo of the herbs I was taking before, the "healthy organics" all natural routines I was doing just "helps." There not cures. I want a cure. I am going to meet with a naturo path soon as well as a guru in chinese medicine. I believe in it but, I just want a solution. There really is no excuse. Acne is unattractive and even if it is a bit of acne I suffer from, it lowers me and I am trying to fix it. I think "trying" maybe my problem. Fuck, I've even prayed for a solution and cure.

i was doing the same as you for a long time

my body cannot do it by itself no matter what i eat or do or what i put on my face. it just cannot, and i'm 26 so not growing out of it

i'm on accutain now as i literally said 'fuck it' too, fuck this shit. i've been on it now for a few weeks and i'm absolutely loving it. no oil even after 12 hours. last week i had a pizza without regret, a piece of candy, i might even have ice cream at lunch time like everyone else on a friday. i had not eaten a pizza for 5 months. i'm still eating super healthy as thats what i do anyway, but at least now i can live life like a normal person. eating what i want (within reason), not worrying about oil, not worrying about waking up to find a cyst, and having it hurt to talk.

its fucking amazing.

i dont know about this side effect of depression. the only side effect i'm experiencing is absolute and utter increasing joy. (other than chapped lips :P)

Edited by Grind

I am on antibiotics now. My fear of course is that, the long term health will deteriorate. I would literally give my right nut to be free of this shit. Its god awful. Honestly, I feel like crying sometimes but, I am guy and I wont come to that but, psychologically, it is so draining on my life energy. Even how I am in life in social situations is so different when it comes about. I am lucky but, its a MIND FUCK. I could have it so much worse. A cyst puts me in a depressed stuck state. Its awful. I got a few at the moment. On antibiotics and I can say, i am clearing up. It hasn't been even a week and I am doing so much better. I am a lot more positive. I am not sure what I would have done had I been stuck with severe acne. I don't think I could have handled it. light/moderate is bad enough but, you factor in a cyst or nodule, the inflamed pimple or breakout together, its awful.

I never wanted to go to accutane but, I cannot let this thing take over my life any more. I can't let this take over my mood. I was at a celtics game and I was so into this gorgeous girl behind me at the game. She was with her mom and dad. A real stunner. I was compelled to chat her up. We hit it off and I had her and her mom laughing. I ended up making out with her parents present. I was really into this girl. When I got home, I felt like a million bucks. Then, I notice, I was having a breakout. :eh:

If I had known, I would never have met this girl. :(

I would have got trapped in my head and all negative. Not caring goes a long way I guess. Ignorance is bliss.

I am a little scared. Antibiotics have a time line and I am depleting bacterias both good and bad. Also, I am not taking supplements so, I am concerned there too. I got told I can but, its prob not the best idea at the moment. They said probiotics and vitamins are okay but, they said iron can effect it so, i need to eat between with probiotics/vitamins + antibiotics on empty stomach for hour between meals. Its a pain but, anything is better then going out looking like the elephant man or pizza face :(

I hope I dont need to go to accutane but, like you, I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANY MORE. I've had it. I want results. No excuses. I wasn't results. Problem, I got told that its expensive and I have no health coverage. I got to pay out the loot for it. I imagine 6months is expensive. Do you know man? ANyone? Also, I got told I was OCD or bipolar. FUck, I maybe a little mad, insane, but aren't we all to some extent? I heard the side effects but of accutane but, I still don't care. I want results and I am willing to do anything to get the results. I am not taking anti depressants or anything but, they recommended at one time.

As of now, I am happy. Its under control. Not perfect but, going that way. I seen this also:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/07/...acked_face.html

Its so deceiving when you see stuff on tv, the glamor, and the special effects. Guy or girl, its tough. The world isn't so perfect though. I hear she is married now. :D Good for her. She is so pretty.

Edited by mrjarjarbinks77

HELLO, IT SEEMS THAT UR DEPRESSED AND TENSE. I M ALSO ON PRESCIPTION AND LIIGHT ACNE ON MY CHICKS, BUT IN MY CASE IT WORKING ON MY FACE. I M TAKING ISOTRETION20MG(ALTERNATE DAY) WITH ZINC ACETATE AND VITAMIN-C AS A SUPPLEMENT AND A TOPICAL CREAM LIKE CONTRACTUBEX ON SCARS .HOPE THIS WILL HELP U. KEEP IN TOUCH.

it is expensive

but i'd pay anything i have to for clear skin if i know its going to work

my skin is clear and i have no oil. i look like a normal human being now, in fact i can say for the first time in years i look handsome. i have confidence again, normal standards of confidence.

i know its not good for health, but i dont fucking care. i'd rather live for 40 years and have an awesome life. than live to 80 and have the first 50 years of it be an absolute nightmare - when i have acne thats what my life is, its a nightmare and i wish i was dead

i want to be alive so i need to do what needs to be done, and now i look normal. i can do my job well, i can have the banter in the office, i can go out after work and enjoy good times, i have a gf, i can wink at girls in the street and they smile back and giggle (in asia), i can wear anything i like and feel confident. i wouldnt even wear hoodies or colourful clothes, now i can wear it all and look good.

i have my life back

i'm NOT saying this is for you.. its a dangerous drug and we all know it. but for me, it is saving my life. i HAVE a life. when my skin is broken out at my age because i ate a fucking orange by mistake, i wont even go outside unless i have to. and when i do have to (ie go to work), it feels like the most depressing thing i can imagine.

maybe its just i'm superficial, but i dont think so. its because i'm fucking tired of it i'm 26 not 16. so many wasted years which i can never get back. i'm not letting that happen ever again, i will stay on accutain forever if need be they're not going to stop me

Edited by Grind

Are you taking your probiotics and antibiotics at the same time along with vitamins on an empty stomach? You have to take vitamins with food and antibiotics and probiotics have to be taken as far apart as possible (like 5 hours). Even then, I think it's just a waste of time.

You seem like you're very critical of yourself. Is your acne all that bad? Maybe you're just being too hard on yourself.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

hiii you right dear, but i m so depressed vitamin-c is a good supplement for skin and with zinc the block pores will open . it seems that its helping me. whats about ur acne and what ru taking right now .reply

it is expensive

my skin is clear and i have no oil. i look like a normal human being now, in fact i can say for the first time in years i look handsome. i have confidence again, normal standards of confidence.

i know its not good for health, but i dont fucking care. i'd rather live for 40 years and have an awesome life. than live to 80 and have the first 50 years of it be an absolute nightmare - when i have acne thats what my life is, its a nightmare and i wish i was dead

i want to be alive so i need to do what needs to be done, and now i look normal. i can do my job well, i can have the banter in the office, i can go out after work and enjoy good times, i have a gf, i can wink at girls in the street and they smile back and giggle (in asia), i can wear anything i like and feel confident. i wouldnt even wear hoodies or colourful clothes, now i can wear it all and look good.

i have my life back

i'm NOT saying this is for you.. its a dangerous drug and we all know it. but for me, it is saving my life. i HAVE a life. when my skin is broken out at my age because i ate a fucking orange by mistake, i wont even go outside unless i have to. and when i do have to (ie go to work), it feels like the most depressing thing i can imagine.

maybe its just i'm superficial, but i dont think so. its because i'm fucking tired of it i'm 26 not 16. so many wasted years which i can never get back. i'm not letting that happen ever again, i will stay on accutain forever if need be they're not going to stop me

I was shocked to hear you are in your mid 20s with acne still. I was just as every bit as shocked that I am still struggling in my early 20s. My physical health is poor despite all the working out, healthy eating, and physical fitness level I've maintained. 6pac abs isn't a deal breaker. Acne is. If I was eating chocolate and sugar filled foods, items of high fatty foods, I could understand, take responsibility, and make changes. For the love of kid, it doesn't relent or only temporary. I am sure, fretting, stressing, and getting angry doesn't help but, I've tried practically everything.

I must say, antibiotics combined with a 5% cream has been wonderful. Psychologically, this has fucked up my mind. I've become pretty with drawn and anti-social. I love working out but, some days, I much prefer not to leave my house or even my bed. The worst part, I've seen severe acne photos and I don't have that. I get a cyst or inflamed pimple and I just get depressed. Antibiotics has been the best thing I've ever did but, my fear is that I will have to resort to accutane. Worst of all, if it hasn't been established, I've been sort of depressed. My moods have been all over the place. I've been pretty negative lately. I am trying to change it when I catch myself. Its just so difficult. I shouldn't feel like a victim but, I don't feel in control of this aspect of my life.

I've supplemented off and on with antibiotics, vitamins, etc but, I am stopping completely everything but, the antibiotics to let it runs its course. I've supplemented with probitoics for sometime. I can be okay. I am sick right now. I've been sick off and on lately. Man, I totally can relate. I have contemplated this since before the summer. Do I want to live just past 50 having taken medications that are going to kill me or live till I am 70 or 80 maybe longer with the first 50yrs of acne or inflamed pimples? I've finally taken a step towards looking healthy. The world is so fucked up. I am healthier with acne or an inflamed pimple then I am without acne. I know a guy that is sort of chubby and over weight. Despite his best efforts, he is over weight. All the healthy eating and working out has made little improvement. He gets mad at me sometimes. He told me, I should be so happy with how I look and having a body like I do. At the same time, most people don't understand the psychological damage acne has on the mind. I've did kick boxing in the amateurs when I was in my teens. I have been angry most of my life and I used it as an outlet so, I wouldn't end up in jail. Honestly, sometimes your just getting your ass kicked. It fucking hurts but, that isn't the same as the emotional pain of seeing your face flawed. I would take a ass kicking over acne.

I got told I was OCD in the last year. I refuse to take anti depressants. I am a little scared cause of what I hear about accutane. Worse, I have been having these overwhelming negative thoughts about life. I am finding myself so distant and unable to relate to people lately. I haven't had a gf in a few years. I've been promiscuous and sleeping around with randoms but, I am not seeing the value in life at the moment. I got a text to come out with some girls tonight but, I am not going. I touched my skin and I felt another inflamed pimple brewing. :( If anyone is experiencing severe acne, I respect your strength and courage. I am not sure how they coop. I honestly don't think I could handle it.

I've been suffering from light/moderate acne since I was like 12 and hit puberty. Since taking antibiotics, its made a great difference on acne. I've stopped using proactive. I want to use lemon cleanse and other stuff while I use antibiotics but, I fear it will be too much on my skin. I am still using aloe vera. I just keep praying this will pass over me. I told my friend about how much this bugs me. He told me its not my fault. He says some people are predisposed to some stuff genetically. That hormones and stress contribute to over production of oils that go to the face and sensitive skin breaks out. I hope acne is cleared. I keep praying. Thanks for your comments and response. I wont respond to all but, I will to some.

it is expensive

hey man, yeah taking accutane, does stop the oil.....but like most people claim that it kills the oil glands...is fulll of shit....what accutane does is it shuts the oil glands....meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with.....i feel accutane is a death sentence even though i have severe acne and scars i stilll choose not to take it....just remeber if yr taking accuatne....pls dont abuse yr body by eating crap over and over again...

REBEL

i have my life back

it is expensive

hey man, yeah taking accutane, does stop the oil.....but like most people claim that it kills the oil glands...is fulll of shit....what accutane does is it shuts the oil glands....meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with.....i feel accutane is a death sentence even though i have severe acne and scars i stilll choose not to take it....just remeber if yr taking accuatne....pls dont abuse yr body by eating crap over and over again...

REBEL

i have my life back

I realize, part of this was a "quote" and not sure where the actual post began. I honestly have given up hope in believing I can fix myself solely on healthy diet, eating, fitness, lifestyle. I was going to take a pic and I stopped myself. It only saddens me.

I lied to my doctor. I told him the medication isn't working when, I hadn't even started it. He was going to prescribe something else and wasn't going to send me to a dermatologist cause, he assumes its not that bad. It isn't and it could be worse. I suppose I want perfection. For someone who lives a healthy lifestyle, cuts out all sugar, fatty foods, junk foods from ice cream, pudding, donuts, chips, chocolate, pizza, and so many others as well as facial hair, chin strap, goatees, mustaches, etc I still feel plagued by it.

I like my GP doctor but, he seems to have lost a step. When I first met him, he seemed on top of things. Now, he just seems to not give a fuck. My family is a little frustrated and I believe we may switch doctors. There is such a high need for doctors these days. Any way, I have no medical coverage at this time. I can only imagine how expensive this is. Beyond all the health supplements I've bought over the years, worse is the facial creams, pro active, oxy, moisturizers, etc over the years since I was 12. I could have bought a nice car or had a heft size down payment for a house. Its so cruel. I know I need to get off my high horse cause, the forum is full of people going through the same stuff on a much worse case scenario. I should be greatful for how good I got it but, I honestly feel so depressed about it.

The worst and most damaging aspect of it is the psychological damage that is done when you feel like you are getting progress and only to have it pissed on the sec you go by a mirror.

The antibiotics and cream have been the best things I've ever taken in terms of progress. I am so happy with the progress but, I still feel I've missed the mark. I know its only been a week. I've gained a lot of progress and success. Its a step in the right direction. I only imagine after the month, it should be headed in the right direction. I will not spend the next decade like this. This is it for me. I am going through with the antibiotic till the end. Even the slightest blemish to come about will be treated with accutane. I may see about a another prescription of antibiotics if I continue to have success but, I know there are flaws with long term use of antibiotics. I am not too sure about accutane and what it is exactly? I have followed up on research which states many people find themselves cured after using it whereas, others have lots of success from it but, need to use it again and again. I heard treatment is up to 1000$ in Canada without coverage and I am pretty sure, some insurance plans don't cover it due to it being cosmetic treatment oppose to live and death treatment. If it were anti depressants like prozac they would cover it.

Also, I was doing some research online. I came across "ask alice." She is suppose to be a doctor. Apparently, it was said that vitamin E in a moisturizer is problematic to the skin. Is this true? Something about it isn't suppose to be great for the skin she was saying in a thread. I will try to find the link again. Another thing, I noticed where my skin has a tendency to get inflamed pimples, cysts, there seems to be tiny little hairs there in and around the area. I am not sure why but, my blaze in shaving seems to skip past these hairs. I only notice the hairs when I am up really close and still, they are so faint. I am curious if they are part of the problem? I wonder about plucking the hairs but, I am scared they may make things worse? Lastly, I workout and I seem to sweat in that region. I do my best not to rub, touch, or wipe my face. Worst case scenario, I wash my hands and then face with water. I don't rub but, I know if I leave it alone, it gets in my pores and I feel like the elephant man the next day. Any tips guys?

If anyone knows the cost of accutane? side effects? has any other bits of advise, I am all ears. PLease, do not hesitate.

"I am eating healthy"...

how do you know what you were eating is actually healthy? have you read a book called good calories bad calories? i recommend it to anyone interested in what is healthy for people to eat.. because it's one of the few books that's full of references and scientific reasons why something is healthy.. not just cause the writer says so.. (obviously can't ever be completely unbiased.. but i think the writer did a good job of looking at the facts)

"I know a guy that is sort of chubby and over weight. Despite his best efforts, he is over weight. All the healthy eating and working out has made little improvement."

doesn't that make you wonder whether what you consider 'healthy' may not be?

i'd like to know what your diet consists or consisted of at that time.. you don't have to bother writing.. i'm just curious if you don't mind writing it..

omega 6(which is abundant in lots of vegetables and vegetable oil) is awesome at inflammation..

it also sounds like you may be overtraining also.. which isn't good for inflammation..

some people said it's not about diet.. maybe not.. but then how can one explain a native who's culture doesn't experience acne.. if they are given a western diet.. some of them start producing acne..

"meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with"

that is actually most likely incorrect.. acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase is needed to make sebum in the face.. (and anywhere in the skin) without that.. the sebum is just not being made.. accutane inhibits biotinidase.. acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase is a biotin dependent enzyme.. ie biotinidase inhibited.. little or no biotin.. little or no acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase.. little or no sebum..

if you were trying to say you'll still have lipids in your body.. it's correct.. but sebum will not be produced on your skin.. or at least little will be..

i'm not saying you should eat or supplement or do anything a certain way.. just offering a bit of a different view point.. i think it is possible to stop acne with diet.. but i think it's hard.. and takes so much effort.. i'm most likely gonna take b5 or accutane.. cause i love food too much to diet..

i have seb derm by the way.. and only mild acne..(i think the fungus overpowers the acne bacteria on my face.. could just be crazy though) i get acne on my back though.. my face and back are both oily..

"I am eating healthy"...

how do you know what you were eating is actually healthy? have you read a book called good calories bad calories? i recommend it to anyone interested in what is healthy for people to eat.. because it's one of the few books that's full of references and scientific reasons why something is healthy.. not just cause the writer says so.. (obviously can't ever be completely unbiased.. but i think the writer did a good job of looking at the facts)

"I know a guy that is sort of chubby and over weight. Despite his best efforts, he is over weight. All the healthy eating and working out has made little improvement."

doesn't that make you wonder whether what you consider 'healthy' may not be?

i'd like to know what your diet consists or consisted of at that time.. you don't have to bother writing.. i'm just curious if you don't mind writing it..

omega 6(which is abundant in lots of vegetables and vegetable oil) is awesome at inflammation..

it also sounds like you may be overtraining also.. which isn't good for inflammation..

some people said it's not about diet.. maybe not.. but then how can one explain a native who's culture doesn't experience acne.. if they are given a western diet.. some of them start producing acne..

"meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with"

that is actually most likely incorrect.. acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase is needed to make sebum in the face.. (and anywhere in the skin) without that.. the sebum is just not being made.. accutane inhibits biotinidase.. acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase is a biotin dependent enzyme.. ie biotinidase inhibited.. little or no biotin.. little or no acetyl-SCoA-carboxylase.. little or no sebum..

if you were trying to say you'll still have lipids in your body.. it's correct.. but sebum will not be produced on your skin.. or at least little will be..

i'm not saying you should eat or supplement or do anything a certain way.. just offering a bit of a different view point.. i think it is possible to stop acne with diet.. but i think it's hard.. and takes so much effort.. i'm most likely gonna take b5 or accutane.. cause i love food too much to diet..

i have seb derm by the way.. and only mild acne..(i think the fungus overpowers the acne bacteria on my face.. could just be crazy though) i get acne on my back though.. my face and back are both oily..

I would love to write you out an entire diet I am doing but, it would take forever. Basically, i eat fruit. I should eat more veggies. I eat fish, chicken, tuna, eggs, turkey etc no dairy products nor any juice, pop, anything with sugar in it or bad fatty foods. As for healthy fats, I take fish oils. I am eating tea spoon of apple cider vinegar. I've stopped taking supplements while under antibiotics. After this, I am going to accutane. Its been ages. I may meet with a natural path but, aside from that, not much more I can do. Things I keep out of my diet include dairy, breads/grains, gluten as best i can I keep out as I am assuming I don't deal well with it. I eat salads but, I prob should eat more. I will fill more in but, any way, despite being ripped 6pac abs, sports regularly, fitness level, cardio running, cycling, marathons in the summer etc my immune system is poor. I am always fucking sick. I am shying away from social interactions and feeling quite depressed despite my best efforts to do well. All the healthy eating both macro and micro nutrients I keep level with till on meds. Not sure what more I can tweak with my diet beyond checking soil temps & ph levels in my back yard and growing all organics.

hey man, yeah taking accutane, does stop the oil.....but like most people claim that it kills the oil glands...is fulll of shit....what accutane does is it shuts the oil glands....meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with.....i feel accutane is a death sentence even though i have severe acne and scars i stilll choose not to take it....just remeber if yr taking accuatne....

why do you think its a death sentence? thats a little dramatic isnt it?

what is your experience with it or are you just guessing based on stuff you've read online?

you're putting in a lot of effort for your health.. you are much more dilligent than me..

"As for healthy fats, I take fish oils"

well it's about a balance.. if you're getting way too many omega 6's the fish oils aren't gonna balance out the oil.

but you seem like you're doing ok with diet..

how many carbs do you get per day?

do you have oiler than average skin?

low dose accutane seems like something of a good answer to me.. i want to try it.. have to go see a derm though..

you're putting in a lot of effort for your health.. you are much more dilligent than me..

"As for healthy fats, I take fish oils"

well it's about a balance.. if you're getting way too many omega 6's the fish oils aren't gonna balance out the oil.

but you seem like you're doing ok with diet..

how many carbs do you get per day?

do you have oiler than average skin?

low dose accutane seems like something of a good answer to me.. i want to try it.. have to go see a derm though..

I am pretty depressed at the moment. I suppose accutane maybe the right way to go. Sadly, I have no coverage. Its going to suck paying for it but, what can I do? As for fish oils, 3s I was told was best for me. 6s they said likely aid in acne. I had a supplement blend that contained both 3s & 6s but, any way, I switched it up. As for carb intake, I am not 100% sure. I don't carb count. When I use to kick box, I had to to make weight. I found it was very stressful to do so. Any way, I intake high amounts of fruits throughout the day. I try to focus on citrus fruits. I hear it is great. I've tried the lemon juice cleanse and found it "helps." Even the kettle is great. I may look into a honey mask facial treatment or something like.

I have yet to ever see a doctor which is horrible after having acne since 12 and being in my early 20s. I applied for one and I wait to hear a phone call soon hopefully. I am going to see a natural path as well. I want to find someone in Chinese medicine that can help me. I was talking to someone on this forum. They mentioned about getting ill frequently like myself. I am assuming it has more to do with us being depressed then anything physical.

To have a strict eating and facial routine with little to no success blows. I am trying to do my best and apparently, this shit is showing up in other areas of life like school, work, personal life, etc. I need to get this all fixed. I feel like I am hitting bottom or pretty damn close. I know it could get worse for me.

My passion is healthy living - fitness, working out, eating healthy, martial arts, kick boxing, and so on. Its awful to want to be bed ridden all the time or not wanting to leave home. I am a social person but, it just takes me down. I saw a really cute girl at work the other day. I was kicking myself for not hitting on her. Too busy stuck in my head with all the other shit floating around up there. Dreading going into work today. My mind is a mess right now. I feel like lashing out but, I am not going to do that. Instead, I sort of just want to hide out from everything. Accutane is the next step. My doctor is pretty useless. He didn't think it was good to see a dermatologist. I will be surprised if he even sent in the paper work for me to see one cause he doesn't think I need one. He was however going to prescribe me accutane off from the get go. I will say, the antibiotic is awesome and working well. Its not 100% full proof but, its prob the best thing I've used to date.

I haven't posted any pics but, I can say, I honestly ripped. My body percent fat is so low. In terms of self confidence, how I look, i am greatful and happy but, minus the acne aspect. It sucks. Not sure what else I can do. I saw some guy say he cured it with vitamin D. I mean, once I finish the antibiotic, I could look into using that supplement, vitamin C too. I've had little to no success with supplements and healthy eating alone. Small cycled usage of accutane maybe the way to go. While my time off of it, I would like to supplement but, I need doctors' advise there cause, I know its in your system. Using herbs fucked me up as I mentioned before. It was using those that sort of put me into a downward negative spiral.

hey man, yeah taking accutane, does stop the oil.....but like most people claim that it kills the oil glands...is fulll of shit....what accutane does is it shuts the oil glands....meaning yr face willl still produce oil but trappped inside that yr body has to deal with.....i feel accutane is a death sentence even though i have severe acne and scars i stilll choose not to take it....just remeber if yr taking accuatne....

why do you think its a death sentence? thats a little dramatic isnt it?

what is your experience with it or are you just guessing based on stuff you've read online?

Thanks man and to everyone who has been responding. I've sent some PMs out and I am trying to make some progress. I appreciate the compassion and friendship that has been shown though, we are actually strangers. It only takes time away from your busy day, your life, and other things you could be doing, so it is greatly appreciated.

Health and fitness is such a huge part of my life. I've lost so many family members to poor health. From a young age, i have been keen on being physically fit and of course, being healthy as well. I grew up modeling Schwarzenegger and other fellas. Obviously, I know you can't get that huge without taking steroids. I've notice as well that, a lot of the items out there to make you fit contradict the health aspect.

My diet is pretty clear cut for a healthy life style. I am constantly tweaking it here and there to perfect it. To suffer from health issues be it minor cold, flu like symptoms, and acne regularly is disheartening. Further more, there is a ton of psychological damage this is doing to me. The frustration and stress is overwhelming and its beginning to show in other areas of my life. People are noticing especially colleagues, my employer, and others. Its scary. My family have no clue and aside from all the shit going on in my life, I am not scared about losing my work. I have so much responsibilities on my plate at the moment and I am wilting under the pressure. I am working to save for school and to help pay bills at home. Friends have no clue what it is like and assume that I got the same free ride that they have. I am not looking to play victim with my life. Its just a waste of time. The antibiotic has been helping out a ton but, I know its a short term solution to a long term problem. I hope it corrects itself in all honest other wise, I will be switching to accutane next. With being depressed, I am not sure it is the smartest idea of using accutane however, I want a solution at all costs. This week I plan to see someone in Chinese medicine as well as a natural path. I am at the point, I don't even want to leave my bed never mind work a job but, I am not in a position where, I can just roll over and die. I wont do that. I got responsibilities and I need to help my family out. If I can further educate myself, I could seriously do some good for others and myself.

yeah man its pretty safe to say you problably have the acne gene

Well, so I haven't been on much. Sorry to anyone who pm'd me and didn't get a response. I must say, my acne has cleared up 99% better. Sometimes, its completely gone. :D

I do have a new worry now.

I had a bad pimple before, possibly a pustule or nodule or something before I started treatment. Its been like 4weeks and I got a red mar but, now I am scared it scarring. FUck, I never squeezed or touched it. I never pushed or did anything.

:( Worse, my idiot doctor hasn't even made the call for a specialist. This idiot doctor is fucking done. I have had it with him He clearly doesn't give a fuck. I find walk in specialists more caring and helpful then this clown. So, what can I do for a red spot? How do I know if its scarring? I was noticing it there and now I am really scared. FUck, this is my face. I bring this to the world. I didn't do anything wrong for this to happen to me.

Someone help with advise? Anything I can do or help my skin. I got some aloe. :(

Koreanboy - how is your low dose going?

i'm on 40mg per day now for a few months

best thing in the entire world, clear skin every day, no oil. fit as a fiddle, zero side effects other than dry lips

i think i'll have to stay on this forever