Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Do blackheads go away on their own

Please answer my question and not give me advice on getting rid of them. Do they go away on their own?

I dont want to squeeze them since it will leave me a small icepick scar. I heard that they never go away on their own, is this true?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Yes, mine on my cheeks have disappeared on their own.. However they still left large pores which look like small ice picks.. So it doesn't really matter if you squeeze them or not I think :(

What I found is that yes, black heads will eventually go away on their own even though sometimes it can take a while for them to work themselves out, but the longer they stay in the pore-the more they stretch it out of shape--for me.

I've found that my pores respond to the way I treat them. If I keep them nice and cleaned out and "exercise" them by forcing them to contract using ice daily and homemade clay masks a couple times a week-for me they really look their best that way. Which is alot better than they looked when I wasn't taking as good care of them. Again, that's just my experience.

I've had blackheads for like, four-five years, and the only things that affected them in any way was lemon juice, squeezing, ACV, And benzoyl peroxide.

i still have them, but they're barely noticable, and i've experienced some of them actually falling out of the pore, but otherwise, i've never woken up one morning and BOOM, no more blackheads.

Blackheads are just solidified oil and protein.

Like a piece of rice stick on someone's face. Does it go away by itself? No.

If that person do something about it and wash it away, then Yes.

There's no other way to stop getting blackheads unless the person takes medication that stops oil production.

I found using AHA helps on getting rid of the rough skin texture from blackheads on nose.

The dotty appearance stays; however ,mineral powder covers those blackheads dots completely 100%.

That's my solution to combat them so far... I don't see them, I don't have a problem with them.

Do not squeeze... :naughty:

Edited by Abara

Guest Timehealsall

is it possible that you can get icepick type scars (enlarged pores) by rubbing off blackheads? I mean i have been using BP on my blackheads, and i have gotten A TON of dead skin on my nose. I usually rub the dead skin off moderately hard and in the process, some plugs fall off. Can this cause permanent scarring.

Please answer my question and not give me advice on getting rid of them. Do they go away on their own?

I dont want to squeeze them since it will leave me a small icepick scar. I heard that they never go away on their own, is this true?

no they really dont just go away on there own all the time.

Yes, mine on my cheeks have disappeared on their own.. However they still left large pores which look like small ice picks.. So it doesn't really matter if you squeeze them or not I think :(

That is what im afraid of. Everything is leaving a small scar. Even small blackheads on my cheeks.

Right now I have two on my right temple. I squeezed one out last week and I can already see the small icepick. I also have 5 on my left cheek next to a bunch of my other scars.

They dont seem to go away even after 6 months. It seems I have to decide whether Id rather have a blackhead or enlarged scarred pore.

When I was young my skin used to heal nicely but nowadays it just leaves scars. Using strips and exfoliating only remove the upper layer. The blackhead gunk goes deeper.

Edited by AcnePwns

Yeah I would not recommend that you squeeze them out with your fingers. you will definitely leave a scar.

try using a black head remover, and no I dont think they can go away on their own

here's a helpful link

http://www.blackheadremovaltools.com/

Do you think "safely" extracting of the blackhead would really reduce scarring? I dont see how. Every pimple ive had has left a scar regardless if I touch it or not. I know any extraction tool will leave me a scar as well.

Edited by AcnePwns