Notifications
Clear all

Dan's regimen products are making my face look "tanned?"

MemberMember
(@vibert)

Posted : 11/04/2010 8:01 pm

Hey everybody, I've been using Dan's regimen products for over a month now. I intend to keep up with the regimen, and I have worked it into my daily schedule pretty easily. My acne is much more manageable now, mosty all that is left are red spots that are slowly fading away every day, with the exception of occasional, small break outs.

When I look at myself in the mirror, I can see that my face looks darker than my neck, but I always assumed that it wasn't really that noticeable. However, over the past few weeks, people keep asking me if I tanned, or they'll say that I looked more tanned, and not really in a flattering way.

I don't have the fairest skin in the world, but I'm white. The weather's getting chillier and cloudier, and as a result, I haven't been exposed to the sun very much, so I don't think it has to do with my not using SPF. I don't think that it has to do with the BP, either, since it's not really redness (although I am having some flakes, too) it's just some kind of yellowness. I'm guessing that the moisturizer's yellow color is leaving a yellow tint on my face after it dries. Anybody else experience this? Peoples' comments are starting to embarrass me, but I'm afraid of changing any of the products I'm using since the regimen has been working pretty well on my acne so far.

Should I try to find a different moisturizer? Do any of Dan's other products, such as the AHA or Jojoba oil, help against this sort of thing? Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

MemberMember
(@pickpock)

Posted : 11/05/2010 3:24 am

hi,

i made the same experience with the bpo-regimen ( i don‚´t use dans produkts but follow the regimen precisely...)

in the first 2 weeks i seemed to became brown and (in my case...i‚´m very white) became freckles. normally i only get them when i‚´m in the sun and get teint so i found this very strange

now...for some reason...my skin became normal again. i think that the teint might be a sort of side effect to the bpo. always remember that your skin is very sensitive to the sun now and even a quick walk to the postbox can give you teint. that‚´s why you need to have spf in your moisturiser as then you get...at least...an healthy tan :)

but it will get less...don‚´t worry!

MemberMember
(@ohdear)

Posted : 11/10/2010 2:53 pm

I'm currently on my third week of the regimen and my skin is doing the exact same thing! It actually started to get that weird orange-ish tan look almost immediately but over the past few days it's gotten really bad. My neck is very white and my face looks like I had a horrible self-tanning accident. I've had to start wearing a scarf to work every day because I'm so embarrassed. I feel like my face just very badly needs to be exfoliated but I'm worried about irritating it--perhaps I'll try the jojoba oil method tonight.

MemberMember
(@khresheh)

Posted : 11/10/2010 3:03 pm

Hey there ......

Make sure that you aren't using too much of BP , or just use ita aaZ aZday after day

because it happened to me before and there was a brown layer on my face which made me look tanned too

MemberMember
(@kbeats)

Posted : 11/28/2010 12:58 am

same thing happened to me.. a lot of my friends say my face looks tanner than my neck..i am embarrassed and would like a solution..

MemberMember
(@happyfeet731)

Posted : 04/16/2011 2:46 pm

This has happened to me to! Blasted!

MemberMember
(@quezie)

Posted : 04/17/2011 2:32 am

I'm very pale, and I try to keep my skin that way with sunscreen, so I'm going to be very upset if the BP ends up darkening it. ):

I did a little research on google, and it tends to be people with naturally more pigmented skin who experience the darkening effects of BP, which is strange.

I thought it was because it made your skin more sensitive to the sun.

MemberMember
(@richii)

Posted : 04/17/2011 4:31 pm

this happened to me a few years back, almost made me look like i had fake tan on. at the time i was new to acne so i didn't use moisturiser, i would try using more moisturiser or using a bit less treament?

that being said i was using Panoxyl 2.5% and that was quite harsh so i guess it was dry skin!

wish you luck

MemberMember
(@usnck)

Posted : 04/19/2011 1:50 am

Are you guys sure you're not mistaking the tan look with the new lotion? It has a yellowish tint that can make that appear, I didn't notice as I don't look that close at myself when putting on the regimen but I think that could be a very reasonable explanation. Spread it on some white paper and check :P

MemberMember
(@jaskeerat)

Posted : 04/19/2011 3:54 pm

how long would it take for the tan to get normal again?

MemberMember
(@fatbatkiller)

Posted : 04/22/2011 2:49 pm

I had the same thing!

it's the moisturizer making you look "tanned". SO! heres what i do.

use 'Olay complete 15 spf' as your moisturizer for day time use. and then use dan's moisturizer at night.

you'll be back to normal in no time at all!

MemberMember
(@lec416)

Posted : 04/14/2013 1:57 pm

I am having the same problem. I had 5 people ask me yesterday if i am spray tanning. Also, since I don't rub it on my eye area, my eyes look white compared to the rest of my face. It is not a good look! I am going to buy a different moisturizer today to see if that works....because the only thing I think that could be causing this is the yellow color of Dan's moisturizer. I will update if I notice this has made a difference.