Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I'm new (I read a lot on the site and the forum and I REALLY REALLY hope no one will be pissed off by this question, please then send me a link to where it's already answered because I can't find it) and I tried the regime with german bpo gel 3 %, gentle cleanser (but after 3 weeks switched to only clean with jojoba oil, like taking off make up, thought that this would make my skin less dry), and lotion with urea (could this be the problem? I heard urea was good for super dry skin) + lots of jojoba. I had quite mild acne, which came after taking out a hormone plastic piece (what are they called? however instead of taking hormone pills) after three years in my arm. Acne was small but kind of all over my face, especially cheeks, chins and temples. Now results are really good, I'd say that now I have constantly maximum two pimples going on and fading red dots from old acne. Feels really nice compared to before. The only problem is that putting on BP really HURTS, starts to hurt after few minutes when I put it on, sometimes it's hard to sleep because it hurts so much, feels like millions of nails all over my face. When I put it on in the morning it usually takes some hours until it stops to hurt. And then my face is more or less red all day. (Btw my skind is really fragile and dry and has a tendency to be really red all the time. Except for having super shiny oily nose :)). Also it feels like my skin became 10 years older, wrinkles around my eyes. And no matter how much jojoba oil I'm putting, it feels like it just stays on the skin, like a layer, but underneath it's just as super dry as it was since I started the regime.

Should I be patient, wait one more month? (Please not!!! Sometimes I'm holding out my face through the window to cool it down and to make it hurt less, and it's quite cold outside, you'd need at hat!) Use less BP? I'm using as much as is described in the videos and I started it step by step.

Or, should I only use it at night time? Or should I use AHA at day time (which I read was suggested to people with mild acne) and BP only at night?

Will I get permanent new wrinkles? When I'm putting on moisture after BP (trying to wait at least 30 min) it always feels like the lotion is bringing some BP to the area around my eyes anyway, making it super dry. Put lotion before BP perhaps?

Some advices? Except from acne my skin is really good, and I don't want to end up looking like 50 when I'm 30. Btw I'm 25, had acne since 13 or so, never tried anything that helped before, except hormones that made me loose my sex drive. Do I really have to choose between old skin, sex or acne???

Hello!

I'm new (I read a lot on the site and the forum and I REALLY REALLY hope no one will be pissed off by this question, please then send me a link to where it's already answered because I can't find it) and I tried the regime with german bpo gel 3 %, gentle cleanser (but after 3 weeks switched to only clean with jojoba oil, like taking off make up, thought that this would make my skin less dry), and lotion with urea (could this be the problem? I heard urea was good for super dry skin) + lots of jojoba. I had quite mild acne, which came after taking out a hormone plastic piece (what are they called? however instead of taking hormone pills) after three years in my arm. Acne was small but kind of all over my face, especially cheeks, chins and temples. Now results are really good, I'd say that now I have constantly maximum two pimples going on and fading red dots from old acne. Feels really nice compared to before. The only problem is that putting on BP really HURTS, starts to hurt after few minutes when I put it on, sometimes it's hard to sleep because it hurts so much, feels like millions of nails all over my face. When I put it on in the morning it usually takes some hours until it stops to hurt. And then my face is more or less red all day. (Btw my skind is really fragile and dry and has a tendency to be really red all the time. Except for having super shiny oily nose :)). Also it feels like my skin became 10 years older, wrinkles around my eyes. And no matter how much jojoba oil I'm putting, it feels like it just stays on the skin, like a layer, but underneath it's just as super dry as it was since I started the regime.

Should I be patient, wait one more month? (Please not!!! Sometimes I'm holding out my face through the window to cool it down and to make it hurt less, and it's quite cold outside, you'd need at hat!) Use less BP? I'm using as much as is described in the videos and I started it step by step.

Or, should I only use it at night time? Or should I use AHA at day time (which I read was suggested to people with mild acne) and BP only at night?

Will I get permanent new wrinkles? When I'm putting on moisture after BP (trying to wait at least 30 min) it always feels like the lotion is bringing some BP to the area around my eyes anyway, making it super dry. Put lotion before BP perhaps?

Some advices? Except from acne my skin is really good, and I don't want to end up looking like 50 when I'm 30. Btw I'm 25, had acne since 13 or so, never tried anything that helped before, except hormones that made me loose my sex drive. Do I really have to choose between old skin, sex or acne???

You are probably allergic to BP if it burns that bad at 3% :think:

I used to get the burn when I use Dan's BP, although only when I apply it and it goes away quick.

I switched to the Kaiser Permanente brand BP and it felt much better than Dan's.

( Well I am not saying Dan's not good. )

Kaiser's BP starts at 5% and it doesn't sting at all. So try it out if the stinging is the problem. It's in any Kaiser hospital pharmacy if there's one around you. You can just walk in and buy stuff from there.

Also try applying the BP after 15 minutes after you wash so your skin can adjust the PH.

And try applying your eye cream separate from your face lotion. Put lotion on your eyes areas first then work your way down to your face so you won't mix in the BP

Edited by Abara

thanks for answering! from your idea of adjusting pH I started to use apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a toner after cleaning. and now it doesn't hurt so much. I also cut down on using the urea lotion (which i found out contained AHA as well, doesn't say how much. maybe it was too much with both BP and a little AHA), instead I got some samples of lotion from rochas which was supposed to be for skin being dry from acne treatment. really nice cream but super expensive, so I'm not sure if I will buy it. also had perfume in it, but seemed to be ok for me. still it does hurt, but it's ok, it's not killing me anymore! hurray! and if my skin feels like it's dying from dryness I skip an application of BP. still i get some pimples but this is perhaps better then not being able to move my face because of dryness.

I'm still curious about only using AHA in the morning and PB in the evening, will perhaps start to try it after my first six weeks.