Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Justinnn

HELP PLEASE

Ive had acne for about 2 years now, this year has been the worse and Ive tired every single thing possible! nothing works! Here are some picture to show you what is going on. Can somone please help me on what it is that I need to do to get rid of what I have.

post-140418-1288908851_thumb.jpg

post-140418-1288908854_thumb.jpg

post-140418-1288908859_thumb.jpg

post-140418-1288908851_thumb.jpg

post-140418-1288908854_thumb.jpg

post-140418-1288908859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Justinnn

your acne is definately not severe, its more mild/moderate,

have you gone to a derm? i think a retinoid will work for you, but it takes a while to see results.

combine that with a topical solution like duac or acayana to help with the breakout while on the retinoid

No I have not, but its more red and irritated then anything. Is their and solutions to help the redness or my pimples overnight? My face is constantly red all the time and is my acne is quite embarrassing in school.

Guest i luv elizabeth taylor

Hey Justin,

You said you've tried everything, but have you considered any natural solutions? I'm not a big advocate for using chemicals on the skin. People have seen results using them, but often times they cause dryness, excess redness, and excess oil production. I have experienced all of these using chemicals and it wasn't until i tried a natural approach that i cleared my skin. Again, i'm not saying it is the only way, but it is much healthier for your skin. There are numerous remedies you can find on the web that people have tried, so it's not one specific regimen. I have been using extra virgin olive oil, but again there are plenty of other natural remedies out there. Some people discourage the oil, while others praise it, so it is very dependent on the individual skin type. Another huge factor in my skin is my diet. I have switched to eating only non-inflamatory whole foods, drinking a lot of decaf green tea, and taking vitamin C, as well as fish oil for the omega 3. Some foods can cause acne flare ups in different people, so finding the right diet is essential. There are definitely a lot of things to consider with acne, and it is different with everyone. Don't be afraid to experiment, cause you never know when you are going to find what works for you.

Judging by your pics...it looks like something similar I had last year and when I went to my derm she told me it was like a fungus infection on my facial skin (NASTY) lol..... She gave me some kind of pills and prescribed DUAC and Finascea to me. My face is great now. You gotta go to your derm, when acne gets rash-looking like that, it usually means it's not regular hormonal acne but more an infection that's easily cureable. Good luck