Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meeeow

Should I just go to a dermatologist

I'm 18, and I never really used to have acne before. I would have an occasional pimple or maybe a small breakout but I've never struggled with what is happening now. About a week ago I started breaking out only on my cheeks. There are a few papules (I'm guessing, they have no head and don't hurt) but I'm not exactly sure. They look like pimples, just like gross white heads with no pus. Anyways, I have quite a few. I have no idea why. It might be because I've been binging on junk food and haven't been exercising regularly...or hormonal imbalances. My metabolism has been slowing down too (I think.) Okay well lately I've just been washing and exfoliating regularly, and applying benzoyl peroxide daily. It's helped a little but not too much. It's weird because my skin will dry out, and so will these papule-bump things, but they won't shrivel up and go away. Everything will be dry, and there's no pus in them, but they won't disappear. I'm getting frustrated and impatient. It's embarrassing and it's stressing me out badly because I've never had it before and I hate how it looks (duh.) But, I was thinking in a week if there's no change then I'll head to a dermatologist. But should I just go ASAP?