Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help on popped pimple

I had a huge pimple (hard, round, painful when touched) in between my eye brows, and it always hurt when I scrowl. I thought it was a cyst so I made sure not to touch/pick/ pop it, even when a white head formed. But today when I got out of the shower, it popped by it self, and a bunch of white pus came out. so i figured it was okay to squeez more pus out..

basically, a bunch of pus/blood came out. but the pimple is not flat. now it its just a red, soft, fluid filled bump on my forehead. still the same diameter, but not as raised as before.

So, my question is.. what happenes now? is it going to go through another pimple life cycle again, or is it just going to go away very slowly now, or is it going to scar?

and how do I treat it? use the regimen? lots of BP?

Please don't tell me that it's going to scar... =((

First off kudos to you for not attacking or picking at it, already that makes you a star in my book! Because the pimple popped itself, and hopefully you gently tried to get the rest of the puss out, it should not leave a big mark. Now the reason it is still slighly raised and red is because there might be more crap in there and there is still some inflammation, but since it seems like you took out a lot of the crap that was in there most likely your body will due the rest of the work and it should go flat in no time. So i say do the exact same thing you have been doing, I wouldnt over do it with the BP because that can prolong the PIH from this pimple, but putting a thin film over it should be okay. I dont think this is pimple will be recurring any time soon, so you need not worry about that. I hope this helps, good luck!!

Thanks so much! There is a red scab where the pimple popped.. and now its dark red. I will make sure not to touch it anymore.. =)