Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User24582

Milk That Is Less Likely to Cause Acne

Hey guys, I know a lot of you avoid dairy and generally it's a good idea.

However, if you are an athlete that needs the calories/energy/muscle-building properties of milk or you just love the taste of milk, I have some good news.

There is some milk that I would deem OK. All milk is going to be slightly inflammatory, i.e. it could potentially cause more acne, but if you want to minimize the inflammatory effects of milk, these are my recommendations.

Healthy milk has these properties:

- Organic

- Whole milk

- Non-homogenized (aka cream top milk)

- Grass-fed

- Minimally pasteurized or raw is even better

- No added vitamins (the only ingredient is milk)

I made a video about it here: EDIT: Moving to new website soon.

I drink this sort of milk regularly with little to no breakouts.

Edited by Healthoid

That is correct.

We sell this product at my store: http://www.kalonasupernatural.com/products_milk.html

It is organic, grass-fed, unhomogenized (cream-top), "lite" pasteurized milk. It is as close to raw milk off a local farm as you can get.

Everybody, check your local stores for this product.

Edit: haha wow, it's the exact thing you have in your video! Crazy!

Edited by Drizzler

I've heard that A1 vs A2 milk might make a difference as well, but never tested it because I can't stand any type of milk. :lol:

That is correct.

We sell this product at my store: http://www.kalonasupernatural.com/products_milk.html

It is organic, grass-fed, unhomogenized (cream-top), ultra or "lite" pasteurized milk. It is as close to raw milk off a local farm as you can get.

Everybody, check your local stores for this product.

Edit: haha wow, it's the exact thing you have in your video! Crazy!

Nice :D

I had never seen this Kalona stuff before, but it seems great and tastes good too.

I have been drinking local, grass-fed raw milk all summer with no problems. Love it! I haven't seen that brand in my store yet but I'm sure we'll see it soon. I'll have to try it out for days I can't make it out to the local dairy. Thanks for the info.

@ Drizzler: I thought "ultra" pasteurized meant it was pasteurized at a higher temperature than usual?

I have been drinking local, grass-fed raw milk all summer with no problems. Love it! I haven't seen that brand in my store yet but I'm sure we'll see it soon. I'll have to try it out for days I can't make it out to the local dairy. Thanks for the info.

@ Drizzler: I thought "ultra" pasteurized meant it was pasteurized at a higher temperature than usual?

Indeed. Higher temperature for a shorter time. I think it destroys some of the flavor of milk. Low heat pasteurization like the kind that was done at home commonly on raw milk saves the flavor but isn't going to work for milk shipped long distances, like the industrial milk usually found in grocery stores. That's why you don't usually see it. If it's ultra pasteurized it will be labeled as such.

Edited by Sahartar

Indeed. Higher temperature for a shorter time. I think it destroys some of the flavor of milk. Low heat pasteurization like the kind that was done at home commonly on raw milk saves the flavor but isn't going to work for milk shipped long distances, like the industrial milk usually found in grocery stores. That's why you don't usually see it. If it's ultra pasteurized it will be labeled as such.

Sorry, my mistake... yes, ultra-pasteurized is extreme high heat- basically straight up boiling the milk. The company Healthoid and I highlighted uses VAT or "lite" pasteurization, which is the lowest temperature they can legally use. It supposedly kills any bad bacteria, but allows at least a portion of the enzymes and other beneficial components to remain intact.

One of the ladies at my skincare clinic says that the high amount of iodine in milk is due to salt licks. As someone who has lived near cattle before,salt licks are something you put out in the grazing fields for the animals health and well being. There are minerals used in these salt licks to keep them healthy.

If what she says is correct,then that means cow milk from any source could be potentially bad.

I personally don't know if this is true,but it sounds reasonable. Feel free to chime in =)

Wow cool. I have been drinking no sugar added soy milk that hasn't gave me any problems. How much is this stuff a gallon? To the guy with the store, how much do you sell it for?