Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeatriceSANK

third course of accutane?

I've been on two courses of accutane. The second round kept me clear for just under a year, then the zits slowly started creeping back. Now, it's just mild acne by any means, like tiny ones on my cheeks and forehead and clogged pores on my nose and cheeks, but lately I've been getting these painful ones above my upper lip that come in clusters of about seven at a time, make me feel incredibly ugly for the entire time they're there, and then they leave red marks when they're done. These sorts of zits were the bane of my existence 'pre tane, so I'm sort of freaking out that my skin is slowly going to regress back to how bad it was before. Now, I'd rather stop that before it starts again, so do you think I could get prescribed a low-dose course of accutane (I'm thinking 10 - 20 mg) to stop the backslide before it really starts? I live in Canada, mind you, so it's easier to get 'tane here, and hopefully the doctor will be more lenient considering my acne history. Would they prescribe it to you even if you're skin is looking relatively good that day? I was thinking of maybe bringing in pictures of those monster's on my upper lip just so the doctor knows how bad it can get. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if it is a good idea for you to do a third course but if you insist on doing it then long term low dose 10mg once or twice a week might just be right for you.

Edited by Max-