Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
optimism.

Scarring but unsure whether laser would be beneficial

Okay, so I had severe acne and over the course of a few years it spread to my back. I've since been on medication and it is 100% cleared up now and I've learnt to stop picking at my skin completely.

The thing is, due to my lack of self control at the time, I couldn't help picking. It doesn't help that I'm flexible and my arms can reach as well LOL. :redface:

My scars aren't indented or anything. They're more like.. when you fall over and graze your knee or something and you are left with a scar that is completely level with your skin but discoloured. It's improved a little bit over the past year, but I was wondering if laser treatments could fix it?

Any responses will be appreciated (:

Okay, so I had severe acne and over the course of a few years it spread to my back. I've since been on medication and it is 100% cleared up now and I've learnt to stop picking at my skin completely.

The thing is, due to my lack of self control at the time, I couldn't help picking. It doesn't help that I'm flexible and my arms can reach as well LOL. :redface:

My scars aren't indented or anything. They're more like.. when you fall over and graze your knee or something and you are left with a scar that is completely level with your skin but discoloured. It's improved a little bit over the past year, but I was wondering if laser treatments could fix it?

Any responses will be appreciated (:

Becareful with getting Laser to treat a superficial scar... I did that and got burn scars...

Have you considered seeing a dermatologist? It would be good to know what type of scarring it is, and what a Dr says..

Adella

If it's not indented then the best thing to do would be to leave them alone for a good year and then see how they look. Fooling around with scars i.e trying to treat them, can make them worst and if your scars are level and just discoloured, you'll regret it big time. Leave them alone, and in a years time if things havent improved that much then maybe vbeam.

Oh. Yeah I do have a derm. I'm seeing her in 2 weeks for a check up of my skin 6 wks post Accutane so I will ask her then.

Thanks for your answers (: