Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy Lad

Regimen and ingrown hairs

I made a bit of a soul crushing discovery today. I believe that some of my skin problems are cause by ingrown facial hair.. so surely this means the regimen will never clear me up 100%. As long as my face continues to grow hair (which of course it will), my face will continue to have the occasional pimple.

So the question is.. is there any tweaking I can do to the regimen to prevent ingrown hairs (google suggests I need to exfoliate frequently - which is clearly a regimen no no)? Have any of the other guys on the regimen faced up to this problem and/or have any advice for me?

Thanks!

So the question is.. is there any tweaking I can do to the regimen to prevent ingrown hairs (google suggests I need to exfoliate frequently - which is clearly a regimen no no)? Have any of the other guys on the regimen faced up to this problem and/or have any advice for me?

Thanks!

The AHA+ Dan offers is an exfoliant. I think it may help, or not hurt, your situation. Sometimes when I got without shaving for a while, I'll start to get red bumps on my neck. I'm guessing these are ingrown hairs? What I'll do is put some of the AHA on the area that night, then shave the next day. It seems to work. Other than that, I don't usually out it on my neck. Good Luck.

-david-

Edited by Siphon123