Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverlens

Chances on getting Accutane (Picture)

So here is the back story. I've been going to this one dermatologist for almost a year now and haven't seen any improvement at all. I only visited him about 4 or 5 times since I've started. He basically said that if one medication doesn't work just call him up and he'll call in a new medication for me instead of me having to go in for an appointment to see him, which in one aspect is good since I don't have to worry about co-pay but he is very cold. When I did see him he would only glance at my skin and not really look at it. The appointments lasted 5 minutes tops and my last appointment I had a ton of acne still on my face, he looked at me and said "the skin is looking good, you won't need to come in for appointments anymore" I finally am deciding to change derms cause I just feel like he doesn't care about me clearing up my skin and I want a dermatologist who I feel comfortable with. When I go to my next derm I plan to tell him that I want to take accutane, here are my stats:

When did acne first start showing: 10

What I've used: Acne Free, Oxy, benzyl peroxide, Dan's Regimine for around 5 months, duac + Doxy 50mg for 5 months, doxy 100mg + retin a .01 for 5 months. None of these medications helped my acne.

Cleanser: Cetaphil. I use in the morning and night and I blot my skin with blotting sheets throughout the day because I have oily skin. Also sometimes my skin produces these hard oil balls that come out of my pores.

I've basically tried everything with foods and keeping your face clean. I tried fish oil, cutting out diary, drinking a lot of water, getting enough sleep, changing my pillows every week, cleaning my cell phone, driking lemon juice in the morning and night - all those natural remedies but that didn't help.

I've included some pictures just to show how my skin is right now. I used my camera phone so the picture isn't the best quality but it'll give you an example of how my face is:

acne.png?t=1288822275

So what do you think my chances are?

Edited by silverlens