Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liquid_Ocelot

What exactly are 'Growth Factors' and why aren't they popular here?

Whenever I watch professional dermaroller treatments on YouTube they tend to apply 'growth factors', what are these exactly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidermal_growth_factor

Yeah, that's chinese to me. But it sounds like it should be effective for acne scarring.

Not necessarily on its own, however, along with TCA cross it should be very beneficial... at least one user - Reilly has proved it, have you seen her thread?

Whenever I watch professional dermaroller treatments on YouTube they tend to apply 'growth factors', what are these exactly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidermal_growth_factor

Yeah, that's chinese to me. But it sounds like it should be effective for acne scarring.

Not necessarily on its own, however, along with TCA cross it should be very beneficial... at least one user - Reilly has proved it, have you seen her thread?

No, what's the title of the thread? I wouldn't use it on its own, probably with a dermaroller treatment or a chemical peel.

Oh right, I remember seeing that thread a long long time ago, before I became a member. Well that's encouraging since I just ordered an uber expensive serum with growth factors. I wonder how Reilly's skin is now.

so you ordered that dermaheal thing, huh? hope it helps... how was your derma-roller session btw? any progress? how long did the redness last?

Oh right, I remember seeing that thread a long long time ago, before I became a member. Well that's encouraging since I just ordered an uber expensive serum with growth factors. I wonder how Reilly's skin is now.

so you ordered that dermaheal thing, huh? hope it helps... how was your derma-roller session btw? any progress? how long did the redness last?

The results are holding up, nothing miraculous, but definite improvement. The majority of the redness lasted about a day, but there were certain areas where I bled that took considerably longer, about 4-5 days.

And yeah I ordered the Dermaheal product, but not the Dermaheal HSR, a different one called 'Dermaheal Stem C'rum SR'. According to the sales rep it's better for acne scarring and has stem cell technology incorporated into it. Also a lot more expensive. What's your opinion on this company and their products? Ever had any experience with them?

The results are holding up, nothing miraculous, but definite improvement. The majority of the redness lasted about a day, but there were certain areas where I bled that took considerably longer, about 4-5 days.

And yeah I ordered the Dermaheal product, but not the Dermaheal HSR, a different one called 'Dermaheal Stem C'rum SR'. According to the sales rep it's better for acne scarring and has stem cell technology incorporated into it. Also a lot more expensive. What's your opinion on this company and their products? Ever had any experience with them?

I did make some research regarding this product and it appears, that it's widely used in Eastern Europe - Russia and Ukraine specifically. It's widely advertised by the clinics and spas, claiming, that it would be a considerable bonus if used in conjunction with derma-roller or meso-roller. What do your scars look like btw? could you post some pics?

I did make some research regarding this product and it appears, that it's widely used in Eastern Europe - Russia and Ukraine specifically.

That's a good thing right? And isn't it primarily a Korean product.

What do your scars look like btw? could you post some pics?

I have quite a few shallow/semi-deep indents on my left cheek, and one boxcar which is covered by stubble right now. Also some discolouration on my forehead which I will target. I don't know if I would be comfortable posting pics just yet, i'm kind of paranoid about someone recognizing me.

Yeah I guess so. Doctors in the Eastern world, don't seem to be corrupted as much as the ones in the Western world are. Capitalism shouldn't mess with healthcare if you know what I'm talking about.

Well, if that's all your scarring - it sounds quite mild to me... although if it's bothering you, you should treat it... I guess. As for me, my scarring is pretty moderate, i've got bunch of ice-picks on both of my cheeks, plus I've got this quite significant depression on my right cheek, so I'm dealing with an actual scarring atm. Don't get me wrong, but if your scarring is so mild, why treat such huge areas with derma-roller? wouldn't it be better to perform some individual needling, stamping or doing some CROSS perhaps? this sounds much more logical, than what you are doing atm... i guess.

take care, Liquid :razz:

Yeah I guess so. Doctors in the Eastern world, don't seem to be corrupted as much as the ones in the Western world are. Capitalism shouldn't mess with healthcare if you know what I'm talking about.

Well, if that's all your scarring - it sounds quite mild to me... although if it's bothering you, you should treat it... I guess. As for me, my scarring is pretty moderate, i've got bunch of ice-picks on both of my cheeks, plus I've got this quite significant depression on my right cheek, so I'm dealing with an actual scarring atm. Don't get me wrong, but if your scarring is so mild, why treat such huge areas with derma-roller? wouldn't it be better to perform some individual needling, stamping or doing some CROSS perhaps? this sounds much more logical, than what you are doing atm... i guess.

growth factors seem like a interesting invention. i think a lot of people dont use them simply because they havent been mentioned. i've only seen reilly use them when she was doing her crosses. she used a cream called revive which is very expensive. instead, when i was doing my scar treatments last year, i purchased a $10 vile of egf which i activated using salt water, then mixed into the lotions i was using. i have no clue if it worked or not!

The thing about scarring is, even if the nature of the scarring is mild (in comparison to others), if you have enough of them it can look pretty unsightly. And it's all located on one cheek so it looks rather disproportionate. It's like if you had the choice, would you rather have decent skin overall, or great skin but with unsightly scarring on one side of your face. It just looks odd.

I treated a huge area because the scars are spread out over the entire cheek. More severe in some places though, which is why i'm going to use a derma stamp for my next treatment. 1.00mm for the entire cheek, and a 1.5mm for specific areas.

Anyway, i'm pretty excited about this topical. It sounds like it should improve the results, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Quick question guys, it says that I should only use it once a week, do you think it would be foolish to use it more often than this? I was thinking of using it for the first couple of days after stamping for maximum results but I don't wanna create any side effects.