Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SocialAnxiety

Oh the joys of causing your own breakouts

If it wasn't for this, i would be clear right now.

A few weeks ago, i was clear.

It was amazing, i still had loads of marks, flakes, some small scars, i was still shy, didn't let anyone look at my face too closely, and i still covered my face with my hand in public

but i was happy on the inside.

i knew it wouldn't last because i'm only starting my third month on DKR, and i still have a while to go until i'm clear for good, but i was still excited and hopeful.

Then i ate the cheese.

That goddamn cheese, why does dan's regimen help most peoples food sensitive breakouts, but not mine? how am i special?

No biggie, the breakout wasn't too bad, and i was healing... that was, until my mom bought lasagna.

Heres the thing, when my mom buys junk food (ie frozen lasagna) you HAVE to eat it, and if you don't, you get in trouble. so i ate it, thinking it would be okay, i'll just have one serving, its veggie lasagna anyway, theres no cheese, only cream.

Wrong, i ended up eating three servings because no one else in my house liked it, so i had to eat it (since i tend to eat anything if im told) and now i have a beautiful break out starting because of it.

Have any of YOU guys caused a break out? ever felt really, really bad because you know you'd be clear if it wasn't for your slip-up?

Yep, last week I decided to give dairy ago again eating chocolate, lattes, cappuccinos, milk etc

I've been hibernating all week trying to deal with this break out.

I ate some jam yesterday and probably got new pimples today because of it. My face is so full now I can't really tell when i get new pimples lol.

Guest Timehealsall

if foods do cause breakouts for me, i wish i knew which ones because it is impossible for me to tell...

No offense, but I think it's all in your head. I don't think for one second that the lasagna caused your breakout, you were gonna have one anyway. Some people around here will blame almost anything. The truth is, you have acne and sometimes you're just gonna have a breakout no matter what you eat or do. The only thing in my life I know FOR SURE caused me acne was working at a fastfood. The steam and grease really fucked up my skin. EVEN IF lasagna really was leading you to break out, it wouldn't happen right the day after, it's just impossible. So here's my 2 cents, take it or leave it. If it really scares you to eat lasagna then don't eat it. Good luck with the regimen.

No offense, but I think it's all in your head. I don't think for one second that the lasagna caused your breakout, you were gonna have one anyway. Some people around here will blame almost anything. The truth is, you have acne and sometimes you're just gonna have a breakout no matter what you eat or do. The only thing in my life I know FOR SURE caused me acne was working at a fastfood. The steam and grease really fucked up my skin. EVEN IF lasagna really was leading you to break out, it wouldn't happen right the day after, it's just impossible. So here's my 2 cents, take it or leave it. If it really scares you to eat lasagna then don't eat it. Good luck with the regimen.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.

For me I really think that some foods will break me out in fact I know for sure that they do, ham, sausage, nuts of all kinds, peanut butter, sunflower seeds and sunflower oil, sesame seeds and oil. It can be 2 to 5 days or almost a week and half before it happens. This has happend before and I can always count on this stuff to do it. I can't figure out where this last break out came from and this stuff always breaks me out on my neck, no where else but there. So it has come down to a food diary, reading lables and avoiding even a little bit of it. Sucks because I was sure that when I got into my 50's I would be ok, I have better things to do with my time than writing down what I eat, reading lables and using bp like a teen again! Elf

its all in your head. stop being a baby and eat whatever you want and just follow your regimen, and eventually your acne will go away. just don't think about it as much theres so much more life than ooooo i have a zit on my face oooo my life is over, no. Your life isn't over acne doesn't kill as for as i know.

its all in your head. stop being a baby and eat whatever you want and just follow your regimen, and eventually your acne will go away. just don't think about it as much theres so much more life than ooooo i have a zit on my face oooo my life is over, no. Your life isn't over acne doesn't kill as for as i know.

How do you explain dan's regimen clearing me up, i stayed clear for about a week, then i ate cheese, and i got a break out a few days later?

Then it was clearing up, i only had one or two healing spots left, then i ate more dairy, and the breakouts came back?

i've been on the regimen for two months, so its not a purge, i haven't changed my regimen at all while i was clear, or breaking out, and i only got zits when i ate dairy?

Honestly, some people are sensitive to food, some aren't, don't go around calling us babies because we'd rather avoid breaking out than eating like, milk or sweets or wheat.

Clear skin is by far more important on my list than food.

Also, no, i didn't think ZOMG THIS IS GONNA BREAK ME OUT OH NOOO, i spent the time to retrace my steps when i first broke out to find out what i did, and all i did was eat dairy, so no, i didn't cause this because i thought i was going to break out.

Edited by SocialAnxiety

if foods do cause breakouts for me, i wish i knew which ones because it is impossible for me to tell...

If you're still breaking out you could try omitting dairy first, which tends to be a trigger for most people, if no improvement in a week or so, try sweets or things with excessive sugar, then caffine (Soda, coffee, chocolate), processed foods, and so on.

Don't go thinking everything you put in your mouth will break you out though, tends to be counter productive.

I was doing really good unitl last week. I agreed to have my face painted for Halloween and it was a HUGE mistake. I am broken out so horribly right now and I am almost certain it is from the paint. I tried to wash it off as soon as I got home but I was staying over a friends house and I didnt really want to spend half an hour putting on topicals, so I just used water. I was doing so good, it's not fair.

Edited by soxfan24

to the orignal poster stick with the diet,

im in exactly the same situation, i can stay clear for weeks keeping wheat and chocolate out my diet, as soon as i eat pasta i break out within the day. ive been observing it for half a year now and it happens everytime.

this time im gonna do it for good, i always get tempted but not this time

to the orignal poster stick with the diet,

im in exactly the same situation, i can stay clear for weeks keeping wheat and chocolate out my diet, as soon as i eat pasta i break out within the day. ive been observing it for half a year now and it happens everytime.

this time im gonna do it for good, i always get tempted but not this time

Its not really a diet, just not eating dairy.

Kind of hard considering the majority of the things in our house requires cheese, milk, cream and butter to make, but i can survive.

Gonna look into cheese substitutes, i kind of miss cheese, but not enough to risk it.

Lol why is your mom forcing you to eat things that supposedly causes you to break out?

Because if i told her i don't want to eat it because it makes me break out, she'll tell me i'm crazy and somehow manage to turn the conversation towards god and how i should pray for better skin.

Or she'll accuse me of making it up and tell me i shouldn't lie and assume i'm on some kind of weird diet and she'll again suggest i pray and excersize for a healthier body.

Thats how most of my conversations with her go, so its better to just nod and agree and move on.

decided to drink soda a few days ago, broke out like a motherfucker.

touched my face and hid it all day at school, swollen like a motherfucker when i got home

not sure if it was the soda that broke me out, or the fact that i was thinking about the soda

being capable of breaking me out the whole time i was drinking it that broke me out.

either way, fuck pimples. cysts. nodules. scars. all of the bastards. theyre a flaw to humanity.

Lol why is your mom forcing you to eat things that supposedly causes you to break out?

Because if i told her i don't want to eat it because it makes me break out, she'll tell me i'm crazy and somehow manage to turn the conversation towards god and how i should pray for better skin.

Or she'll accuse me of making it up and tell me i shouldn't lie and assume i'm on some kind of weird diet and she'll again suggest i pray and excersize for a healthier body.

Thats how most of my conversations with her go, so its better to just nod and agree and move on.

"Pray to God for better skin..."??? Yeah :rolleyes: Sounds like more of a control freak who's paranoid about eating disorders than anything.

"Pray to God for better skin..."??? Yeah :rolleyes: Sounds like more of a control freak who's paranoid about eating disorders than anything.

Pray to god? Sigh.. lol I'm not even going to get into this one, you should definately try praying, it'll help for sure!

Well all the women in my family have eating disorders, so i guess shes just being cautious.

And the god thing is a little weird, when i was growing up no one even talked about god, but now-a-days its like she suddenly turned into a die hard christian.

Pray to god? Sigh.. lol I'm not even going to get into this one, you should definately try praying, it'll help for sure!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic right now.

To be honest, i've tried, but it didnt really work and i felt awkward and stupid.

Edited by SocialAnxiety

To be honest, i've tried, but it didnt really work and i felt awkward and stupid.

Sorry, I should of made it clear - I was being sarcastic, did you really think praying was going to work, I mean did you pray and then look into the mirror :P?

This is the 21st century, If you don't want to eat something you don't have too.

As for being awkward and stupid when praying, I would feel exactly the same lol :drool:

I genuinely am sorry about not being clear in my previous post :S I didn't think you would take me seriously so mybad on that.

Sorry, I should of made it clear - I was being sarcastic, did you really think praying was going to work, I mean did you pray and then look into the mirror :P?

This is the 21st century, If you don't want to eat something you don't have too.

As for being awkward and stupid when praying, I would feel exactly the same lol :drool:

I genuinely am sorry about not being clear in my previous post :S I didn't think you would take me seriously so mybad on that.

i was actually just afraid of offending you if you were being serious, no worries.

And i kind of didn't expect INSTANT results, i just prayed that something would work (And BP does work, so i'm not sure if i should thank god, or if it was just pure coincidence) so i'm kind of at a loss there.

And its just much easier to do what my mom says, i went through a three year period where i didn't do anything she said and fought with her all day and all night, its really just emotionally easier on me to just listen and try not to fight.

Even if i don't bring in a cup of water thats sitting on my desk she'll flip out on me, so... /shrug