Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sangnokhigh

Scar tissue? Distended skin? What is this?

So last February I was blessed with a wonderful cyst about the size of a nickel a little to the left of my nose. It blew up pretty bad and, being the impatient guy that I am, beat up on it pretty bad, I suppose, because it's left a red mark that has remained there since it went back down a few weeks after.

My question is, what is it that happened to that area of skin and is it repairable? Right now it's a faint red color, but still noticeable, and inflames a bit every morning and seems to go back down as the day goes on. The pores seem bigger in that area and it seems to secrete more oil in that general area of my face. I haven't had another one since, though.

Is this something I have to wait out or is there something topical that could help it? Thanks!

I have the same thing. I had a cyst a couple months ago right below my eyelid and i lanced it and it went away but i still have a red mark and a hard little lump, please update if you found what worked for you.

this would be good to know, because i'm over three years with a lump on my left side from some shit... i've given up hope tho and just come to terms with the Loss on this one.

now when you guys say "lump," are we talking about something clearly visible and present or are we talking about like, a small part of the skin that's slightly raised. what i'm dealing with is admittedly hard to see but is still noticeable because of its redness, not because of how big the "lump" is; it's hardly that large of a bump at all. but regardless, i can still feel it and it's still red. i'd love to reduce that redness!

Just drink alot of water try face mask... thats the green stuff you put on your face for 15 mins you can feel it cleaning stop eatting greasy food and chocolate and if its more red its prob because you keep squeezing it what will make it stay there longer... If its acne it should work.

I know how it feels tho because acne makes the world look ulgy but if you look and see how good ppl look after its gone then you will be happy because its not the person that is ulgy its the acne.

Also I wouldnt recommend you keep face mask on for more then 30 mins think your skin can crack or something. I keep it on for 30 mins.

If you have the money I would recommend you buy pro active. Also try not to wash your face with soap to much in 1 day.

If its something eles then see a doctor and he will recommend you to something that will help get rid of it.

Edited by loner666