Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glowince

Am I allergic to BP or is it just a side effect?

I have been using BP for only three days. As my acne is rather mild and my skin is dry I decided to only start off using it once a day - in the evenings. I have also been religiously cleaning my face in the mornings and evenings, using moisturizer and trying to touch my face as little as possible.

After first usage I did not have any side effects on the first day which I was more than happy about. Having been fighting with acne for about 10 years I had my hopes for BP very high.

After second usage I woke up with red and slightly itchy face. As it was in a list of side effects I was not worried much.

After third usage (yesterday evening) I woke up with red and swollen face. My eyes were not swollen shut, but they have never been that buffy. I am not sure if I am allergic to BP as I have never been allergic to anything so far. I only used one third of a finger length; therefore I do not think that I used too much product.

Now I do not know what to do as I have read too many suggestions in different places... I was really excited in getting my skin clear!

Should I continue normal usage and pray for God that the swelling will not occour again?

Or should I make a break for a day?

Or should I stop using BP totally?

Any ideas or personal experiences will be wonderful. Many thanks!

The redness and itchiness is normal. It happened to me for about a week when I started using it. It also stung my face when I applied moisturizer. Then I started getting dry patches around my mouth. That continued for a while, but now my face is used to it. It doesn't sting or get red/dry at all. So that's normal.

I'm a bit concerned about the swelling though... it shouldn't be doing that. Stop using it and go back to see your GP or whoever prescribed it. You're probably allergic.

I'm a bit concerned about the swelling though... it shouldn't be doing that. Stop using it and go back to see your GP or whoever prescribed it. You're probably allergic.

I will definitely start using it for now as it is still a bit buffy and is itching like crazy. I purchase BP over the counter, it was not prescribed to me. I guess I was stupid enough myself to start with it without consulting my doctor. However I have never ever had an allergy; therefore I did not see it coming. I will see my GP now asap. Thanks!