Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LauraJane

Should I wear make up or no?

Ok so I have been on the regimen for 3 weeks and my acne is pretty much gone, but I have a lot of black heads, acne scars and my face is red. I can't go without make up, so I went and got some Almay products thinking it'd be better on my skin and the foundation doesn't cover well at all and the complexion powder leaves my skin with an orange tint. Before the regimen I liked to use revlon colorstay or maybellines smooth cream mousse and loose powder, but I'm afraid if I start using either of those again my acne will come back..what do you think?

its mainly a trial and error type of thing. I'd suggest trying the makeup you used previously for like a couple of days and see if you notice any difference. Its the same thing for like acne products or prescriptions. You gotta find what works best for you.

I havent worn makeup since my acne cleared up. Again, i do NOT have perfect skin. I have alot of scarring (pitted and pigmented), large pores, couple blemishes, lots of whiteheads and blackheads. Im just scared to wear makeup in general b/c i feel that i would break out from it. I know for sure that MAC studio fix fluid made me breakout as well as their primer. The coverage was excellent but not the cystic acne that came with it.

If anything, i would suggest trying mineral makeup and some concealer on the acne scars (if they're pigmented) I know the mineral makeup would cover the redness. Theres really nothing you can do about blackheads with makeup. Good luck

Ok so I have been on the regimen for 3 weeks and my acne is pretty much gone, but I have a lot of black heads, acne scars and my face is red. I can't go without make up, so I went and got some Almay products thinking it'd be better on my skin and the foundation doesn't cover well at all and the complexion powder leaves my skin with an orange tint. Before the regimen I liked to use revlon colorstay or maybellines smooth cream mousse and loose powder, but I'm afraid if I start using either of those again my acne will come back..what do you think?

Why don't you try something mineral which might be less offensive to your skin?

Or test the make up you were using, now that you are on the regimen, for a couple of days...and if it looks worse, you will know not to go on using that one.

If you want to wear make up, and it makes you feel better then there's no need for you to go without, just keep trying different brands until you find one that suits you.

:)

I always wear light makeup whenever I went outside. According to my view light makeup highlight the inner beauty of a women.