Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee4

Under 2 months to wedding - do I have time for 3 x IPL and 1 x Co2 Fraxel??

Dear all

I've been using Obagi and retin a for 2 months to improve my acne and scarring before my wedding on New Year's Eve.

I have had IPL and Fraxel done in the past and am going to ask my dermatologist to perfom 3 IPL treatments (one per week) and 1 Fraxel repair treatment. He's giving me IPL on Thursday to treat red spots from my initial outbreak after starting the Obagi/retin a.

Do you think there will be time to have 3 IPLs and 1 Fraxel before the wedding?

Bee

Dear all

I've been using Obagi and retin a for 2 months to improve my acne and scarring before my wedding on New Year's Eve.

I have had IPL and Fraxel done in the past and am going to ask my dermatologist to perfom 3 IPL treatments (one per week) and 1 Fraxel repair treatment. He's giving me IPL on Thursday to treat red spots from my initial outbreak after starting the Obagi/retin a.

Do you think there will be time to have 3 IPLs and 1 Fraxel before the wedding?

Bee

congrats on getting married !

to be honest, id say no. A CO2 laser treatment is quite invasive and most people have extremely red/sensitive skin for quite a long time afterwards - possibly longer than 2 months.

so you could of course have a CO2 laser treatment now and possibly look ok for your wedding (minus the redness that can be covered by makeup), but you wouldnt add the IPL to the list as well. Its just a little too much, too quickly.

IPL is pretty limited and isnt very strong. So if you are set on a massive improvement, id forget the IPL. At the same time, the massive and ongoing redness caused by the CO2, would definitely mitigate any benefit you would achieve through the IPL.

Dont risk a co2 procedure now!!

Stick with something 'lightweight' nothing will make a HUGE difference now- but you can achieve glowing radiant skin :)

Congratulations :dance:

Adella