Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjccats

Dark Red Mark - Dried up

So I've had a few post acne red marks on my right cheek for a couple months, that won't go away, and now they kind of became just one big spot. I stopped putting BP on it because it was drying up but not peeling away. Now I moisturize and use neosporin at night. However, it's still scaly and red and not doing anything. I don't have emu oil or any of that and probably can't get any, are there any other remedies for this? Thank you!!!

BP makes red marks worse, i would reccomend using AHA or baking soda and ACV. but different things work for different people

Edited by eagles05

Thanks. I realized BP was making it worse so last night I stopped using it, and just moisturized and put neosporin on it. It's getting a tiny bit better. But it's still really dry and somewhat scaly and no amount of moisturizer is helping that.

You're just going to have to wait a little bit, to be honest. Stopping the BP and using neosporin will probably help, but overnight is a little too quick for great results. Gotta be patient :)

yeah it's getting better gradually. I wash it gently, apply moisturizer in the morning and night and at night put neosporin with a bandage on. it's been peeling more healthily, slowly, to reveal less red skin. I also started using sunscreen on it which I think helps

That's actually exactly how I'm treating my dried marks too - I have two at the moment. Neosporin, bandaid overnight. I've been doing it through my whole course of Accutane, and the process usually takes scabs and dryness down in a little under a week.