Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Anyone depressed over their scarring?

Guest Timehealsall

I swear, although i hate acne, if my pimples didnt leave indents, i would not give a fuck about the Acne or red spots they leave. The indents and scars are literally the worst part for me.

Although mines are mild (maybe mildly moderate) it makes my cheeks look so bad. I hate this shit. Having oily skin (severe oily skin) with scars makes you look 30 years older. I mean, i never picked at my pimples (okay maybe once on my forehead) and i still have scars. Its just not fucking fair.

Everyone i fucking see around me has good skin (and the ones with scars usually have perfect skin everywhere else except those areas). Unfortunately for me, my skin tone sucks ass (Even in areas where i never got zits). I mean, i just want to forget about my skin and how i look, but then i will get even more zits and scars.

Is there any hope?

I am supercalafragilistically depressed over my acne and scarring. I just started getting acne for the first time in my life at the age of 27, had it for 3months now and already left with indents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even pick the suckers!! wft???? they say don't pick or it will scar, but now i'm beginning to see that if i don't get the puss out it just gets worse!!!!! So yes, I am actually devastated!

Guest Timehealsall
I am supercalafragilistically depressed over my acne and scarring. I just started getting acne for the first time in my life at the age of 27, had it for 3months now and already left with indents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even pick the suckers!! wft???? they say don't pick or it will scar, but now i'm beginning to see that if i don't get the puss out it just gets worse!!!!! So yes, I am actually devastated!

hopeful, how bad is your scarring? What about you frannymae?

I can relate to you hopeful, i have had acne for a long time, but never picked and some of my zits scarred. Hell, i am scarring now more than i ever did before, and i do not know why.

btw hopeful, picking is usually never a good idea. I know what you mean when you say that if you do not pick, it will get worse. It might seem that way, but when you keep picking zits, you develop a habit and eventually your acne/scarring will be much worse than if you had not picked at your zits at all.

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall

by the way guys, be brutally honest, do you guys feel much better when you hang around other people who also have shitty skin? I mean, when i see a fellow acne sufferer or one that has scars, it makes me feel so much better about myself. I hate feeling and being the only one that looks like shit amongst a room full of people.

hopeful, how bad is your scarring? What about you frannymae?

I can relate to you hopeful, i have had acne for a long time, but never picked and some of my zits scarred. Hell, i am scarring now more than i ever did before, and i do not know why.

btw hopeful, picking is usually never a good idea. I know what you mean when you say that if you do not pick, it will get worse. It might seem that way, but when you keep picking zits, you develop a habit and eventually your acne/scarring will be much worse than if you had not picked at your zits at all.

Well my scarring is not severe, but it is enough to make feel disgusted about it. It is on my left cheek and a few near my chin. I don't have anything deep, but I do feel like they could get worse if I don't act and do something now. I just keep thinking what they will possibly look like when my ass reaches the age of 35!!!! Scary!!

Its so weird bc I have a scar on the right side of my cheek that is a small thin line and it is not from acne bc that side has always been clear!! I think it could've been dry skin. I have an appt with my derm to follow up on Nov 11 and I will be asking about it. I started retin a about 3 weeks ago and hoping that will at least soften the appearance of the scars, I now it won't take them away completely, but any help would be good. How deep are your scars?

And yes, I do feel more comfortable around people who don't have perfect skin. But, to be honest, since all of this crap started I have been hibernating like a damn bear! LOL I get out here and there, but it's not like it use to be. Isn't that awful what acne can do to a person, it is so unfair and other people are like oh just shrug it off, i'm like yeah, you try having your face blow up!!! Geewhiz!

Guest Timehealsall

now this might sound like a huge coincidence, but if you perform a search in the scar forums, i have a linear scar on my right cheek in an area where i never got a zit! Please let me know what your derm says, according to my DERM, its just a wrinkle. He said people just get them. I was pissed when he said this.

Also let me know how retina works on your scars. My scars are semi shallow so i hope it works for me ( i might try it soon).

now this might sound like a huge coincidence, but if you perform a search in the scar forums, i have a linear scar on my right cheek in an area where i never got a zit! Please let me know what your derm says, according to my DERM, its just a wrinkle. He said people just get them. I was pissed when he said this.

Also let me know how retina works on your scars. My scars are semi shallow so i hope it works for me ( i might try it soon).

Hey, so I will definitely tell you what my derm says about that. I just think it's weird, and doesn't look like a flippin wrinkle, it's wider, like someone took a knife and made a slit there. Sometimes derms just get on my nerves!

Anyway, I hope the retin a works. I will keep you up to date for sure about how it's going and if it goes well you should give it a shot.

Not depressed at all about my scars. There are many more important things for me to worry about.

yes it's very depressing, nothing helps either which is even worse. no matter what i do i'm always going to be judged by it too. i hate people

I am concerned about my scarring, but not completely depress about them.

Sometimes, after washing my face, I want to apply my make up just to look normal in front of the mirror at night, and have some self comfort. :shrug::crazy2:

Edited by Abara