Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

can stress make you more prone to scarring?

Guest Timehealsall

Can stressing to much make your zits more prone to scarring? What about sleeping late but waking up late (i.e. getting 8-10 hours of sleep?)

I don't know about scarring, but stress is known to aggravate active acne. 8 hours is a good amount, try not to go too late. For example, I go to bed at 11:00 (aiming to be asleep at 11:30) and wake up at 7:30. Obviously if you do go to bed late but wake up late and you experience a few breakouts, if there are no other major factors which could've caused them, try to change to a more reasonable sleeping schedule.

Can stressing to much make your zits more prone to scarring? What about sleeping late but waking up late (i.e. getting 8-10 hours of sleep?)

Haha you sound like me, i just had 2 weeks of work to study for my exams this week and was going to bed really late and sleeping late, and stressed about exams, and yes my skin has gotten alot worse! not sure about proness to scarring though. I think if you sleep normal hours maybe its less likely. I read somewhere your skin heals most between 2 and 3 so its best to be asleep by then but maybe thats just a myth.