Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
akujin

randomly dispersed weepy bumpy red rash?

Hello, I am trying to figure out whether I am dealing with acne and would appreciate any insights you may have from your own experience. I have a history of acne which was primarily on the face and back, usually whiteheads and pustules, but I have not had that for a while and this is different than what I've had before.

This past saturday when I woke up there were three or four little red bumps in a row on my left cheekbone. I thought they were bug bites because they were quite small, no apparent heads of pus, and I also had at least one itchy bite on my leg. The ones on my cheek didn't itch, but the one above my knee did and I was suspicious there were others besides because I felt mildly itchy in several spots on my leg. None of them were really red or swollen.

The following morning the ones on my cheek had spread into a large red rash, and more subtle red bumps had appeared, one on my right cheek and a cluster on the bridge of my nose. Over the course of the day I began to feel an itch on the right side of the back of my neck, and between my legs as well. Upon inspection I found that I had a red rash down below, and a cluster of red lumps on my neck.

I started applying cortisone cream 1% and taking Benadryl, but I can't tell if these have done anything other than reduce the itch. The ones on my face mostly don't itch except when I take a shower, but the neck and private area are a bit worse. I also noticed last night that the rash is "weepy"; the ones on my face had little drops of clear brown fluid, like they were open wounds, and I started to think some of the ones on my nose looked like they may have pus, but I'm not sure since I won't touch them.

The strangest and most unnerving part is that more keep coming, and in random places. I now have several new bumps on my right cheek, a few coming in toward my jaw, a cluster coming in on my right hip, and some new ones coming in on the left side of the back of my neck. The rash on the right of the back of my neck looks particularly severe. There aren't any bumps between my legs, but that area itches most, probably because I sit on it.

My chest, neck, forehead, back, buttocks, arms, stomach, legs... still clear, but it seems like they could appear anywhere. They always start as mild red bumps but by the following day are red and swollen even though I don't touch.

I can't figure out if this is acne, or something else entirely. My history of acne made me think that's what it was, but the dispersement seems really strange. Has anyone had anything like this?

It is not acne; you need to visit a physician to determine what it is. I'd stop the cortisone until you have seen the physician and what s/he recommends. Definitely never use cortisone over a large area of your body.

It is not acne; you need to visit a physician to determine what it is. I'd stop the cortisone until you have seen the physician and what s/he recommends. Definitely never use cortisone over a large area of your body.

Why do you believe it isn't acne? I have seen a physician and he does not know what it is either. He gave me a stronger cortisone.

Why do you believe it isn't acne? I have seen a physician and he does not know what it is either. He gave me a stronger cortisone.

Weepy red rash is not acne. Get it cultured. Go to the doctor and ask for a culture of the fluid. Could be atopic dermatitis, an allergic reaction, who knows what. There are many possibilities and acne is not one of them.

Hello, I am trying to figure out whether I am dealing with acne and would appreciate any insights you may have from your own experience. I have a history of acne which was primarily on the face and back, usually whiteheads and pustules, but I have not had that for a while and this is different than what I've had before.

This past saturday when I woke up there were three or four little red bumps in a row on my left cheekbone. I thought they were bug bites because they were quite small, no apparent heads of pus, and I also had at least one itchy bite on my leg. The ones on my cheek didn't itch, but the one above my knee did and I was suspicious there were others besides because I felt mildly itchy in several spots on my leg. None of them were really red or swollen.

The following morning the ones on my cheek had spread into a large red rash, and more subtle red bumps had appeared, one on my right cheek and a cluster on the bridge of my nose. Over the course of the day I began to feel an itch on the right side of the back of my neck, and between my legs as well. Upon inspection I found that I had a red rash down below, and a cluster of red lumps on my neck.

I started applying cortisone cream 1% and taking Benadryl, but I can't tell if these have done anything other than reduce the itch. The ones on my face mostly don't itch except when I take a shower, but the neck and private area are a bit worse. I also noticed last night that the rash is "weepy"; the ones on my face had little drops of clear brown fluid, like they were open wounds, and I started to think some of the ones on my nose looked like they may have pus, but I'm not sure since I won't touch them.

The strangest and most unnerving part is that more keep coming, and in random places. I now have several new bumps on my right cheek, a few coming in toward my jaw, a cluster coming in on my right hip, and some new ones coming in on the left side of the back of my neck. The rash on the right of the back of my neck looks particularly severe. There aren't any bumps between my legs, but that area itches most, probably because I sit on it.

My chest, neck, forehead, back, buttocks, arms, stomach, legs... still clear, but it seems like they could appear anywhere. They always start as mild red bumps but by the following day are red and swollen even though I don't touch.

I can't figure out if this is acne, or something else entirely. My history of acne made me think that's what it was, but the dispersement seems really strange. Has anyone had anything like this?

i've had exzema which sounds kinda like that. it started with really red bumps and then began to ooze and turned into a rash. It was very itchy. Of course seeing a dermatologist would be best. When i had exzema they gave me ellidel which really helped.