Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djh123

Consistancy with products!!!

I, personally, think it's better to stick to one thing at a time. Too many things are only going to stress your skin out more and possibly make it look worse. Plus, you'll never know exactly which product is breaking you out. Try something for at least a month. If it doesn't work, move on. That's just my opinion.

...http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mhmi/mmg174.html#bookmark02 And baking soda is alkaline, the skin is acidic. Not a good combo. Hydrogen peroxide damages living and healing tissue and can actually malform it. Black heads appear removed because the oxidized portion is bleached...they're still there just not as apparent.

And:

Please read the following post on pH and why your skin prefers acidic products. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html The product you wish to use (baking soda) is alkaline and will damage your acid mantle and increase the risk of breaking out and irritation.

You're not a lost cause, you just need to read things and you'll be fine.

I advocate mixing baking soda with a half and half apple cider vinegar solution as that would decrease the pH (make it more acidic). Low pH - acidic. High pH - alkaline. However, using baking soda and ACV (apple cider vinegar) may be too irritating for some skins.