Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

Can Accutane Affect Your Decendants?

Me being a male and having used accutane in the past, can this affect my future children? (disregarding the fact that it might make you infertile)

Educated opinions only please.

Apparently not, the female is more dominant? If I wasn't lazy I'd find my own thread asking the very same question.

If I do have kids I hope not or else :(

That would suck if it did. I want my kids to start off pure, and I'll protect them from the bad medications.

Just looking for more information. Are there any quotes from scientist? The thought that one day I could have a kid whom isn't affected by my decisions is great.

I thought I remembered something about it affecting genetics...

Edited by iRyRy

There is no 100% scientific evidence documented with anything regarding accutane. There are a lot of smaller scaled studies and speculation of how it works though.

The most accepted theory so far is that accutane affects the transcription and translation of certain genes. If this is definitely the case (which I firmly believe) then there is absolutely NO way you can pass it down to your offspring.

Anymore theories? What about all this talk about telomere shortening and cell proliferation? Can that be sent to your children? And are they permanent for us accutane users?