Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wombat666

Been on regimen for 2 months and still flake like crazy?

I've been on the regimen for 2 months now. I'm still not clear and still getting new acne. I'm not giving up hope, though: acne is definitely not as rampant as it was before.

The problem is, I'm still flaking... a lot. I use 2 full pumps of BP, once in the morning and once at night.

In the morning I apply 9-10 drops of jojoba all over my face before applying BP, then use 1 pump of moisturizer.

In the evening I mix 2-3 drops of jojoba with 2 pumps of moisturizer.

However, my face is still tight a lot of the time, and if I move my mouth, flakes will appear all around my cheek/jaw area. It's really frustrating, especially when I'm trying to eat.

Should I use less BP or something?

I'd suggest a thin layer of petroleum jelly once a week but that's really for when you're completely clear. You could try the jojoba oil exfoliation method that's in the pinned posts, by cool as kim deal.

I tried the jojoba exfoliation method, seemed to work, problem is, I felt that I was irritating my acne - since I still have acne in many areas of my face.

I tried the jojoba exfoliation method, seemed to work, problem is, I felt that I was irritating my acne - since I still have acne in many areas of my face.

Oh. Pfui. I'm sorry. :( I haven't any further suggestions as I am not as familiar with the regimen as some. Maybe try the petroleum jelly GENTLY one night? And report back, please. Maybe someone on the regimen will say don't do it, but it's truly not comedogenic. :)

You could try the baby brush method for exfoliation. I myself have not tested this, but I have heard great results. I used to have flakiness as a problem, but I seemed to have fix it. I apply jojoba oil right after I have patted my face dry from washing it. Maybe your doing the same thing but it's hard to tell over text :L. If none of that doesn't work, the last option I can think of is applying moisturizer and jojoba oil throughout the day for a quick fix? It may seem like a hassle but I would rather reapply moisturizer than flake all over my food. wish ya luck