Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indiana

Information about cleansers

I've been reading many reviews lately on the Cetaphil facial cleansers and Dan's cleanser and a lot of people, and I mean a lot of people are complaining that these cleansers don't treat their acne, or help it get better. I want to clear up, no pun intended, this misunderstanding about cleansers. Most facial cleansers especially the Cetaphil ones and Dan's cleanser do NOT contain acne medications and are NOT designed to treat acne. The purpose of a cleanser is to simply clean and prepare the face for medications like BP, and are not designed to treat the acne. Cleansers like these are also made to soothe and calm the skin, so after repeated use it might appear that your face is clearing up so don't be fooled into thinking the cleanser is treating your acne. If you are solely relying on one of these cleansers to treat your acne, you most likely won't see any results. Just remember that cleansers are for cleaning and not treating, but combined with the right medications like Dan's 2.5% BP, your acne can clear and your skin can improve. Best of luck to everyone!