Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarlaK

Need help!

I'm new to the forums, hello! Unfortunately, I can't say I'm new to acne. . . .

So, I've had really bad acne since I was 13 years old and that kissed my baby smooth skin bye bye . . . and had huge acne all over and been called names and whatnot . . .

I skipped and tried several products . . . even Proactiv, that was my answer but at that time it was difficult to get my hands on them and had to resort to other brands and products. Anywho, none of them gave me the beautiful skin I wanted but it did help control the outbreak, well only the Proactiv . . . my face was always oily. . .

So now at 25 years, I've stopped getting huge acne like on my cheeks and forehead but acne scars are still there from years ago. I do get huge acne sometimes when my period approaches, but like one so anyways that said, I only washed my face with a cleanser and that was it. So, I have a lot of whiteheads and I want them gone . . . .

Oh yeah, previously, I did try to see a dermatologist at 18 years old and I was given topical antibiotic, which worked like magic but of course, it had alcohol in it and made me choke while treating my face . . . however, I stopped using it since I stopped getting huge acne so often and was given Differin . . . . wow this made me severely depressed from purging because I don't get huge acne so often and took me back to my teen years . . . so I stopped even though I've read about glowing great skin after the purging phase . . . . it was too emotional and I didn't want to leave the house and lost any ounce of confidence I had . . .

Long story short . . . I'm now a bit clueless on what to do with my skin . . . . I'm using a crappy cleanser (Cetaphil All skin types and of course it contains SLS), I've tried other cleansers but a lot of them just make me feel dry . . . . I do want to change it though.

So, I've recently added BP like about three days or four ago from Paula's Choice and I got a huge acne from that side of my nose. I haven't applied it to the other side of my nose because I would like to see if it's really working and how long it takes. Besides that, my nose is like super oily! Why?! This happened after applying BP . . . .

And, the other thing is I'm a mask virgin so . . . I've been applying Origins 10 minutes mask and it has salicylic acid, bentonite clay, camphor, titanium oxide and zinc oxide and whatever . . . it's supposed to help with exfoliation right?

Okay, so I clean my face with Cetaphil then apply this on a dry face and wait 10 minutes and wash it off, I know it mentions to remove it with a washcloth but I don't wish too. So, after that, most of the mask comes off easily but areas like where I have the most whiteheads like my nose, it's like still there and doesn't want to come off . . . it's like "PROBLEM RIGHT HERE,BUDDY!" and the same near my chin and when I look closely at my cheeks there are like whiteheads "highlighted" everywhere . . . I've been using this mask for about a month? What exactly is it supposed to do? Highlight problem areas??? . . . . or completely "wash" away the whitehead. I mean I know that if I were to squeeze it out, it'll come out but squeezing doesn't help . . . . so I've restrained myself . . .

After this "highlighting" session with the mask, I use Simple toner and try to get rid of the excess mask residue and apply Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel and today's the first day that I applied BP before the Jorubi and BAM! oil!!! where is this coming from? . . . . I don't use the toner on other days, it's just to remove the mask, till I figure out which toner I'd like to use.

I only use 2.5% BP and only once a day and after I've applied it on my nose, my nose looks like a bumpy road of whitehead factory . . . . or clog poremania, just horrible . . . .

I'm trying to use/change one product at a time so I don't overwhelm my skin.

What am I doing wrong??? . . . . HELP! Thank you!

HELLO CARLAK,

I M 25YRS. I HAVEE SAME ACNE PROMBLEM THAT U HAVE MY ACNE STARTED WHEN I WAS 13 FROM LAST 3YRS I M ON PRESCIPTION . BUT LAST YEAR USE PROACTIVE IT WORKS FOR 1ST TIME I USE BUT FROM NEXT MONTH IT IRRIATES ON MY SKIN. B.P AND CLEANSER IS NOT SUITABLE TO MY SKIN. I THINK U SHOULD TO TAKE ISOTRENION AFTER CONULTING ANY DERMATOLOGIST. NOW I HAVE SOME WHAT RELIEF THERE ARE ONLY 3OR 4 ACNE SCARS LEFT ON MY FACE. KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME NOW I M THINKING OF HOMEPATHY TREATMENT (AYURVEDA).U WILL REPLY ME.............

Navpurash - Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through the same thing. I'm glad to hear that medications are helping you. However, mine isn't as bad as it was before so I don't require prescription and I don't wish to take them either.

I've heard of products working and having their effect the first time around and never working again. However, I think other BP might work if it's not Proactiv, perhaps something else wasn't working for you and I think natural route is good. I've thought about using Neem cleansers, still pondering. . .