Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Driftwood

Foundation Brushes?

I use the #16 brush from Chanel, it was a bit pricey (around $50-55 USD) but it works wonderfully and feels great.

I used to dip my brush directly into the foundation, but found that this method would grab too much makeup and end up looking really fake on my skin. So now I just dab a bit of foundation on one area of my face at a time, and then blend each area out before moving on to the next. It is quick and easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Hope that helps.

I use Lancome's foundation brush, which works awesomely. Set me back about $30, but well worth it.

I am sure everyone has their preferred application technique but what works for me is the following:

1) Wash your hands.

2) Pump (or pour if your foundation has no pump) one pump's worth of foundation onto the top of your hand, right in that area between the thumb and forefinger.

3) Using ONE SIDE of your brush only, work the brush into the foundation to evenly distribute it onto the brush. Applying the foundation to your hand first gives it that "warming" quality that will make it smoother and easier to apply to your face. Also, it helps you control the amount of foundation you are putting onto your face.

4) Work one section at a time, using one pump's worth of foundation for each section, using gentle, upward/inward strokes. Since I am usually applying my foundation over acne medications, I start with my eyes first, to avoid getting the meds in my eyes. After the eyes, I do one cheek at a time, then chin, then forehead and nose.

5) After you are finsihed applying to each section, use the OTHER SIDE of the foundation brush (the side with no foundation on it) and blend your entire face, this time using downward/inward strokes.

This method works great for me with the type of foundation I use (Lancome's Teint Idole.) I can't speak for using this same technique with other types of foundations.

Good luck!

i use Sonia Kashuk (only available at Target) foundation brush. it's about $11-12, and very good quality. the bristles are soft, strong, and they haven't worn out since i bought it (few months ago).

i use one from a brand called elegant faces. it's about $20 and you can get it at shoppers drug mart (if your in canada). it's amazing. i used to use my fingers and i was never really happy with the results then i tried a foundation brush and i always get a great application.

i just wet my face with water then moisturize with neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, then dot on my foundation on with a cotton swab on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. i use almay skin stays clean. then just the foundation brush and smooth it around.

I am absolutely loyal to perscriptive's foundation brush, which is about $30. Supposedly it's one of the best ones out there. It gives my foundation a really natural, glowy look and makes it so easy to apply.

All my brushes are MAC they are the best for me, they are a little expensive but they last forever even tho i wash them weekly with mild shampoo to get the germs out they still stay like new

I am absolutely loyal to perscriptive's foundation brush, which is about $30. Supposedly it's one of the best ones out there. It gives my foundation a really natural, glowy look and makes it so easy to apply.